Seeing

4k reads, guys, that's so amazing! Every time I get even a few more reads I scream inside. Thank you!!!

And thank you for the votes, as well! They mean so much to me, as do the comments!!

Also, any opinions on the new cover?

Woot.

You had a slightly-well-devised plan that may or may not work out. This was also why you worked on finishing your papers as soon as you got back from class, and why you didn't message Brendon like you usually did.

You did that for one day, and the next you worked on getting everything you needed for your plan right after work. You would put it into action after classes, and this way you could go see Brendon yourself and ask him about what was going on. You needed to hear it from him because you didn't exactly completely believe what Alice said. After all, it took you a whole weekend to process what had happened and how you could try to fix it.

So you did exactly that: finishing your work completely Monday, your motivation being getting to see him, and Tuesday grabbing what you needed and messaging him.

You sent a simple, "Hey, I'm going to try to sneak over later. Suggestions?"

And he replied, "Behind the house. I'll meet you there."

You were glad he didn't ask any questions, and you began to wonder why you cleared up your entire after-work schedule. It was probably because you thought you would have to spend a lot of time explaining why you wanted to see him, and that you wouldn't have enough time for studying.

You decided that since you had a lot of time on your hands you would look over your work again, but first you went over to your dresser and pulled something out. The locket he gave you, which you easily wrapped around your neck and clasped it, was something you had to be wearing.

Your classes went by. They always felt long on their own, but you were thankful that you didn't have every single class in one day. That would be like high school all over again.

Today you had two classes, both an hour and fifteen minutes each. Not bad, but not exciting. You were anxious to get to Brendon, and weren't the most focused on your subjects, but you powered through and managed to make it. Quickly, you stopped at your apartment, dropped your things off, and rushed out. You had your phone on hand just in case, and that was the only thing you took.

Running to Alice and John's house took much less time than walking, you figured out. This time, with how scared you were of being caught, it took an hour walk. On the way there, you were so caught up in thoughts about how terrible of an idea this was. If Kassidy weren't almost immobile from her lack of coffee, she would have had a much better idea than just walking to the house and showing up in the back yard. Unfortunately, Kassidy was severely unfocused at the moment, and she was replenishing herself with espressos and cappuccinos. She would probably be back to her normal self next week.

When you were face to face with the brick house, you had a moment of silent panic. You quickly made your way around to the back, the sun slightly lower in the sky, and took out your phone to text Brendon that you were there. Peering at your phone, it looked like you got a text from Sam.

Sam the man: Hey, [y/n], how are you doing? You look to be troubled lately.

You smiled and laughed, seeing his use of grammar and imagined the worried look on his face. You sent him one back.