Piano

I'd just like to say thanks for all the reads guys!! I appreciate anyone reading or voting on this story! You're all amazing!!
Alrighty, enough with the underlined sentences, and on with the story.

The doors flew open to Screamin' Beans and Steamin' Mugs and you immediately fell to the floor in a heap of your own misery and sweat. You let in a few raspy gasps, but only after you crawled to the counter of the store to help yourself up. You lay yourself over the blue marble and let out a groan.

You unexpectedly heard someone clear their throat from behind you, and it caused you to jump. "[y/n], you're very late. You were supposed to be here at six," your boss, Margaret, loomed over you, adjusting her glasses and waiting for an explanation.

"Yes, and I'm so sorry," you started, "but the cafe hasn't opened yet, and I promise that I won't be as late tomorrow!"

You saw her narrow her eyes the slightest bit before she sighed and smiled. "Oh well, I can't stay mad at anyone, now can I? I'll take you up on that promise, but you're usually late anyway. Just not this late. . . Did you have a boy on your mind by any chance?" Her smirk was apparent and it caused your face to flash red.

"N-No! Definitely not, Margaret!"

She held her smirk, let out a chuckle, and stepped closer to you. "I'll let it slide. After all, I know what it's like to be late." She walked off with a wave from behind and began placing colorful cloths on each table, smiling, and decorating.

You, in turn, prepared for your shift. You were - albeit sloppily - dressed in your uniform, but not only did you have to make sure all the appliances were clean and working, you had to set up displays and make sure everything was ready to be served quickly.

After somehow accomplishing all of your duties on time, you had to open up shop. It was exactly seven, and you made sure the OPEN sign lit up. Gazing back at your coworkers behind the counter working their tails off to make drinks, you smiled sympathetically. Those were the ones that Margaret put on drive through duty: something that was open 24/7 and was rather busy. . . The indoor seating didn't open until seven, and you were glad you worked in that part of the coffee shop.

And then you waited.

You waited for customers, of course. That was what your, and a few other's, job was.

But mostly you waited for Brendon.

You and your coworkers served at least 30 customers in the span of an hour; after all, it was the morning and people need their coffee. Coffee is important in the morning, but. . .who were you kidding? Coffee is important at all times of day, no matter what. Maybe that was why this place was so popular?

It was already past eight and you were still busy. This cafe was very popular. . . You darted back and forth between brewing coffee and delivering it, jetting around and swiftly serving others.

And the crowds only began to get bigger.

"I thought people usually went out for coffee in the early morning!" You sighed, exasperated already.

"Hey, [y/n]." You heard a voice from your right side and your eyes darted in that direction.

"Oh, hey, Sam." Sam was your coworker and had been for as long as you could remember. You and him have grown close ever since, sharing the same music taste, and you really thought of him as a responsible older brother.

"You look a little tired," he smiled at you.

"Not at all," you sarcastically breathed out.

"Here, take a little break if you want. I'll take care of this place."