The End of You and Him?

THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTER.

I REPEAT:
THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE BOOK.

There are still one or two more chapters to go after this.

Enjoy! (AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 18K READS AND 600 VOTES AHHHH)

You were awoken to a knock on your door in the morning. Your eyes immediately shot open and your first thought was Crap, that must be Sam.

It had been a few days since the night you went out to dinner with Sam, and you both had agreed to do it again. Except today was a weekend, and you both decided on lunch instead. You didn't remember hearing your alarm go off, which was a bit of a problem considering he was at the door now.

You shot up at record speed and threw on whatever you first grabbed, rushing to the door.

"I'm coming!" you called as you ran to your door and quickly opened it, eyes focused on what was in front of you.

A box. Not a person, just a box. And on the road a car driving away. But the people in the car weren't just any random people. They were Alice and Brendon.

Suddenly, you were on your knees, tearing into the cardboard box that had been carefully and securely taped. You gripped at the edges and pulled with all that you had in you until the adhesive gave in and you were allowed access.

Inside, all there was was a note. Nothing more, nothing less.

You gingerly held the note in front of your face and unfolded it, an extremely small slip of paper sliding out. You picked it up, and it seemed to be a cut out of a photo. Only being a small white circle, it was about the size of your thumb nail, and only one word was on it: Darling.

You laughed. It was definitely from Brendon. You could tell Alice wasn't apart of this. You knew what the paper was for. You slid it into the locket he bought you that you had been wearing everyday. It was a bit too big, but you still squeezed it inside.

The note, though, was what encouraged your emotions.

Dear [Y/n],
I wanted to talk to you, but I also wanted to respect your request not to do it in person. Alice eventually convinced me to just give you a note. It was when I was handed a pen and paper that I realized I had no idea what I wanted to say to you. Tomorrow I have to leave to go home, so I guess this is just a thank you for showing me around. And baring with me even though I put you through fucking hell. 50 years from now I still will be clueless as to why you stuck with me.

Bye,
Brendon

You ran into your room, grabbed your phone, and gently put the note on your bed. You ran out your apartment door and began to walk swiftly down the sidewalk as you opened your text conversations with Sam. You sent the message, "Hey, I'm going to be a little bit late to lunch today."

Your fast walking became running, and soon you were at the same brick house that you always saw. You ran up to the door and knocked, waiting anxiously for someone to greet you.

Alice opened the door, brown curls bobbing, and she saw you and smiled like she had been expecting you. Brendon appeared from around the corner and his eyes gave off a tiny sparkle.

"Brendon. . ." you whispered.

By the time Brendon ran over to you, Alice was already out of the way and walking to another room.

He held held out his arms, but stopped himself from wrapping them around you.

"May I?" he asked cautiously.

"Like I would say no."

Immediately you felt the warmth of his embrace, and his face burrowed into your neck sending a jolt through your spine.

"You're really leaving?" It wasn't a sincere question, you just really didn't want him to go.

Nodding, he said, "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you, too."

"You'll find someone else to spend your time with."

You looked at him sadly, shaking your head. "I'll never replace you, Brendon. This may sound cliché, but I couldn't even if I wanted to." Hugging him back, you added, "I spend time with Kassidy, and no one can replace the time I spend with her. I spend time with Sam, and no one can replace the time I spend with him. So, in the same way, I can't replace you. It's impossible."

He gave a small sad smile before releasing you from his arms. You knew you would miss his hugs.

"I wish I could stay for longer, Brendon, but I can only stay here until Sam picks me up."

"That's fine, I'm just in the process of shoving all of my clothes into random bags."

You laughed at that.

Texting Sam, you let him know to pick you up from Alice and John's house. Brendon looked over your shoulder to see who you were messaging, and he frowned. You didn't seem to notice, though.

"I guess I won't get to hang out with you anymore. It's for the best, though."

Brendon let you step inside the house. "I still have your number."

You didn't know how that would turn out. It wouldn't ever be the same, even if he long-distance messaged you. All you could say was, "Yeah."

You both went to the entertainment room and sat down on the sofa, your head on his shoulder as you watched tv in silence. Not a word was spoken, but that was enough for the both of you. Enough on your last day together.

THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE BOOK

THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTER

Okay enough caps lock. (But seriously there are more chapters).

*screams*

Also this photo is for @xjaelynn_jowseyx because they lost their copy XD It's an important photo that must be preserved

It's an important photo that must be preserved.

Please vote! It means a lot!