How Could I Live Without You?

I feel dead literally lol.

bUt it'S bECAUSE of 1.7k rEADS lIKE wHAT? I swear I'd actually pass out if it reached 2k because I wouldn't be able to imagine that this story got that many XD

aNd 70 votes!!! For some people it's not that many, but it is for me!! Thank you!

Anyway, onto the story and the fact that Kassidy may not live without coffee (okay but that may be an exaggeration) and Brendon might be getting worse but ya know.

You paced back and forth in front of your apartment door, knowing well there wasn't much space to walk in the first place, but still finding it necessary.

"Where is he? He said he would be here 40 minutes ago," you muttered things to yourself, somewhat concerned for his safety. Looking down at your phone and seeing how many times you called him, and how many times he didn't answer, you decided to call him one more time.

Normally you wouldn't be so worked up. But everyday since him, Kassidy, and you hung out together, he promised to show up, and everyday he sent a text saying he couldn't make it. You knew he wasn't avoiding coming because Kassidy would be here: she was currently in a coffee-less state where she had withdrawal symptoms and couldn't come over to help you out with your college work. He didn't seem to hate her either, so Kassidy was not the problem.

But this time he promised to come. He said he wouldn't miss it. It had been a week since you'd seen him, which may not seem like a lot, but you had seen him practically everyday since you met him, so a week without was very strange to you. Although you would hate to admit it, you could compare yourself to Kassidy giving up coffee: withdrawal symptoms.

It may sound stupid, but it's true. It was harder for you to focus on your English papers when he wasn't near you, and you had to keep whispering to yourself, "Come on, this is your last year. Just pull through." Everyday you managed to just barely get everything done.

The cafe hadn't had any interviews since the hiring sign went up. No one wanted to work at the cafe because it was so packed, and that meant you had to keep working extra hours. You would think some of Brendon's fans would have applied at least, but that didn't happen, either. They would rather enjoy the service and hope Brendon arrives than work there.

After he didn't answer his phone again, you sighed and sat down, deciding you would get done what you could in the time span you had. Why did they give out so much work, anyway?

Taking your notes out and starting to study, you heard your phone buzz, making you jump.

A phone call.

From Brendon.

Finally.

You grabbed your phone quickly, pressed the accept call button, and held it to your ear.

"Brendon?" you spoke into the phone.

"[Y/n], oh shit, hey!"

What was that supposed to mean? Was he not expecting to call you? It sounded like he cursed because he accidentally said your name. Why, though? "Um, hey?"

You thought you could faintly hear someone yelling at him in the background of his call. "Yeah, I tried to make it today. I really, really did." The yelling got louder, but still not loud enough for you to make out what the person was saying.

The yelling wasn't like the last time there was loud noise on the phone when he called. Last time sounded like multiple people. This only sounded like one person.

"That's . . . fine? It's alright," you struggled to find words. You weren't surprised, though. Just disappointed.

"Okay, well I have to go. As you can tell I'm getting a strict talking to at the moment." Brendon chuckled. "I promise I'll call you later. After your classes."

You whispered a quick, "Okay. Talk to you then," and continued on with your study session which became increasingly more difficult without him to assist.

After your classes, the call with him was long. You talked most of the night, and you didn't seem to care that you had work in the morning. You wanted to hear his voice, and you were sure he wanted the same. You made jokes with him all night and complained about your essays and projects. Sure, you could be working on them now, but why do that when you can talk to Brendon?

You loved how, even though it's probably been under a month since you've met him, you could be so free around him. And when you were about to hang up, the last thing he said was, "Goodnight. Get some rest, darling."

He called you darling. And most likely as a joke referencing that one time that lady thought you were a couple, but it still sent a tingling sensation coursing through your stomach. You combatted by called him honey, and he let out a wisp of a laugh.

You didn't know why he wouldn't come and see you anymore, but you had a feeling it had to do with that person who was yelling. It couldn't have been a coincidence that they were yelling at him when he tried to go see you.

And now, even though it was the last thing you wanted to do, you had to sleep. But you knew, at least, you could ask Alice something tomorrow. You didn't want to seem nosy, but if something was wrong you wanted to help him.

Tomorrow.

You told yourself that, and you thought it would patch itself up. But soon he stopped messaging you all together.

A few more chapters on this thing! (Also the word nosy autocorrected to josh please help).

Enjoy, and don't forget to comment or vote!!