Alice

I'm so sorry this is a day late! I had a bunch of the story already written, but I was so busy yesterday that I forgot to finish and post it!

Brendon just loved that lavender hoodie.

Special shoutout to Maker-of-History for his birthday yesterday!!

"See yah!" You yelled back to Kassidy who was making her way out of the cafe. She offered a small wave before disappearing into the crowd of people outside the shop.

You sighed. Other than Kassidy showing up, your day today was rather boring. Brendon didn't show up again; he was probably still sick. Nothing you could do about that.

You served customers. It was a bit more hectic today because this morning someone had quit their job. Because of that you had to run around more than usual. You never knew your job would be harder while lacking just one person.

The piano sat deserted in the corner, no one to play it. It had only been two days, but it felt like forever since this cafe had been filled with music. Sure, you had only known Brendon for a little while, but the fact that a celebrity had actually been coming to see you had been a good feeling.

You realized how much you've been sighing the past couple of days, which only made you sigh one more time.

Suddenly, you heard a song quietly sound out through the cafe.

The lonely moments just get lonelier the longer you're in love

Your head shot to Sam who you noticed was playing Panic! At The Disco music through a speaker.

"Sam, where did you get that speaker and are you even allowed to do this?"

"Don't worry! It was Margaret approved! And don't worry about the speaker either," he stated, which only worried you more.

"Ok if you say so. . . But can I make a request?"

"Sure, why not? What song?"

"Nicotine. Find a clean version, of course."

He stared at you in approval. "Interesting choice. I'll play it next."

Now this was something you could work to; music definitely got you going.

"Alright, then. Back to work," Margaret called.

"Yes ma'am," both you and Sam said in unison.

You gave a sideways glance at the large "Hiring" sign outside and went to work.

Not even 5 minutes later, when you and Sam were lip singing to Nicotine together, the door opened once again. This wouldn't have been that big of a deal - as costumers came in regularly - if it hadn't been Alice.

You stood, mouth agape, not expecting her here at all. When you looked back at her, she was making the same expression, except a million times more surprised.

"[y/n]!" She calls in her overly excited voice. "It's so nice to see you!"

"Um, hey, Alice. Are you here for a cup of coffee?"

"No, I came because I just got fired. It kinda sucks, but I saw the hiring sign outside here and thought that I would get a new job as soon as possible!"

"How ambitious of you."

"Anyway," Alice looked around, "where is your manager?"

You pointed to Margaret who was delivering coffee to a couple at a table.

"Thank you!" Alice said with a smile and walked off.

You watched as she introduced herself to Margaret with such charisma and shook her hand, obviously talking about the job offer and such. She would need an interview, but no doubt she was getting ahead by introducing herself now.

"She's quite a lively girl, isn't she?" Sam chuckled.

"Definitely. She's really sweet and I think she means well. I just met her yesterday, but I've started to realize she comes off as the type to say things that she should probably keep to herself."

Sam just nodded and shrugged. "Oh well, back to work."

But his statement was cut short when Brendon walked in. I'm sure Sam almost fainted again.

"Brendon?" You asked. "Why are you here?"

"I followed Alice," he stated looking around for her. "Her dad wanted her home, but she kinda wandered off."

"Oh, I see. Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, actually I'm feeling a lot better. I've just still been coughing a lot. I guess I just needed some rest."

"That's good," you smiled. "You know, the piano has missed you."

His eyes sparkled. "Can I play it?"

"You're still sick, Brendon! Why would you-"

But he already walked over to it and was sitting down. Sam turned off the song that was currently playing, and Alice turned her attention to Brendon as well. Alice immediately ran up to the piano bench and sat down with him, and asked him a few questions that you couldn't quite hear. He nodded his head and she beamed, resting her fingers on the keys.

Margaret prepared him a microphone and he spoke into it.

All he said was, "Alice and I will be playing a special song today," before he started playing a familiar tune and Alice played a harmony part. He took a glance at you and let out a smirk. Your eyes widened and both of them started to sing, Brendon as the main vocals and Alice as the harmony once again.

Cross my heart and hope to die
Burn my lungs and curse my eyes
I've lost control and I don't want it back
I'm going numb I've been hijacked
It's such a drag

You noticed how he cleverly got rid of the curse word there - he obviously couldn't say it in such a public place - but it reminded you of what you said at the concert. . . You looked up at him and realized his smirk had never left his face, and you had the urge to throw something at him. He was obviously mocking how you screamed, "Fuck is a bad word," that night. Great.

While he sang, you began to question a few things about your life and your existence. Well, maybe not that, but definitely what happened at that concert. Sure it was a short moment that was somewhat quiet, but even with both you and Kassidy screaming at the top of your lungs, there was still such a small possibility that he heard what you guys screamed. Or maybe it wasn't that low of a possibility? After all, music artists hear what their fans scream from the crowd all the time.

You didn't even know anymore. You just listened to him and Alice sing while you wondered if you should ask him or not.

He made it really far without coughing, but at one point in the song he went into a coughing fit so bad that Alice had to take it over.

Just one more hit and then we're through
'Cause you could never love me back
Cut every tie I have to you

Which actually sounded remarkably good. With him suddenly cutting out and her taking over, it had a really nice effect.

Brendon joined back in for the rest of the song, and when it was over they got a roaring applause. They both smiled from ear to ear and Brendon called you up to stand with him.

He laughed and, into the microphone, said, "Thanks to [y/n] this is one of my favorite songs." Sam pretty much fell over.

Soon after, he rushed Alice back home with him, and you laughed at the thought of what just happened. But seriously. What did just happen?

Woagh Alice might start working with you. Woooo.
Hope you enjoyed the chapter, and more will come soon. Hopefully I can start actually adding drama?

Anyway, almost 300 reads! That's amazing! Thanks for reading!