Chapter 61 part 2

MARIA'S POV

He was playing the guitar behind me. I turned around, and saw who it was. Every ounce in my body jumped for joy. Goosebumps were already forming on my arms and legs and he hasn't even begun to sing yet.

I recognized the chords easily. It was You by Rascal Flatts, yes the same song that either Riley or Connor sang to Kris or Jenna a few days ago, I forget who sang it though.

His voice is absolutely amazing, angelic even. It warmed my heart to hear him sing. It was one of the things I loved most about knowing him, about living even. Just like Heaven on Earth.

I smiled as I enjoyed the song. He smiled at my reaction, and began to sing.

every road that I've been down, the only truth that I have found. there's only one thing I can't live without..... you

I was searching for something I thought I would never find, losing my mind. In and out of bad love, I thought I was born to lose, then came you.

I thought I knew what the real thing was, but nothing shakes me like your loves does. I've been hypnotized, now I realize.

every road that I've been down, the only truth that I have found. there's only one thing I can't live without.... you

every time I get lost in a temperamental mood, you still stay cool. just when I think that this life's about to drive me insane, you take the reins.

every time I feel I'm drifting off course, you're my compass, you're my one true north. in a mixed up world, you make sense to me, girl

every road that I've been down, the only truth that I have found. there's only one thing I can't live without.... you

yeah, every road girl, leads me to you. and baby, that's all I need to know

every road that I've been down, the only truth that I have found. there's only one thing I can't live without... you. every road that I've been down, the only truth that I have found. there's only one thing I can't live without.... you.

every road that I've been down in my life. every time I feel I'm taking off. every road that I've been down in my life. every road, girl, leads me to you. yes it did, yes it did. every road girl, every road leads me to you.

By the time he finished the song, I was crying.

My dream for years has finally come true.

I ran up to him just after he put his guitar back on the sand.

He took me in his arms and hugged me tight.

Then, he pulled back just enough so we could talk.

"I've had a crush on you ever since the day I met you, when our parents set up that dinner trick when they found out you and Jenna and Kris were fans. I watched Connor and Riley date you, then break your heart. It practically broke mine too. Then, I broke you. I honestly can't explain how I felt once I found out that you were right. I barely talked to anyone, my grades dropped, and I spent my days in my room. Then you came back. That time I saw you in the hospital, my heart almost leaped out of my chest. You were crying and still didn't like me, but that made you all the more beautiful to me. Then, you were kidnapped for a few days. Those days were the worst. I cried all the time. Once they found you, I ran right over to you and sobbed and kissed your forehead. Then, realizing all the pain you must have went through, I passed out. I remember that chip that was in your head too. You may have ignored me for about a month, but I still loved everything about you. Then you were in another coma. The guys spent day and night and that stupid hospital. The moment you woke up and looked into my eyes, I became alive again. I knew that you remembered me, and that meant everything was alright. That one night that we sang together, was perfect. Everything felt right. Everything WAS right. We got so close, and for a while I was friendzoned, but I didn't care. As long as I was with you, I didn't care about anything else. All those times we stared into each other's eyes, I wanted to kiss you so bad, but didn't know if you felt the same. That's why the admirer came in. I got to see you smile and blush when reading my notes and explain exactly how I feel. And this may be some long speech but I don't care because I will run to the end of the world to just make you smile. When you revealed how you felt about me, I was the happiest person on the Earth. Now, that you're mine, I think I'll jump out of my skin of happiness. Maria, I-I t-t-t-think I l-love y-you." He revealed, stuttering at the last part.