Chapter 11

JENNA'S POV

It's 10:15. I really gotta get out of bed and wake up the girls. We gotta leave for the mall at 10:50 so we can get there on time to see Jeremy. He said it was important and about Kaitlin so we're all really scared.

I walked into Maria's room.

"Maria, wake up. It's 10:15." I said.

She rolled over and opened one eye. When she saw me she said, "Ugh. Fine, I'll get up."

"We gotta go wake up Kristina." I said.

"Okay. You do that and I'm gonna start making scrambled eggs for us."

"Okay. We'll meet you downstairs."

I walked to Kristina's room. Kristina is a heavy sleeper and definitely not a morning person so you have to wake her up differently.

"Kristina get your fat ass out of bed we gotta meet Jeremy at the mall and Maria's making eggs. Now get the fuck downstairs before they get cold." I said. You gotta do what you gotta do.

"EGGS?!" Kristina screamed and ran downstairs.

I chuckled. Eggs are Kristina's favorite breakfast food besides bacon.

I walked down stairs and asked the girls, "What do you think that Jeremy wants to tell us?"

"I don't know. But I hope it's not news like they're gonna kill us tomorrow." Maria said.

"It's not gonna be that. He would've warned us in advance." Kristina said.

"I sure hope so." I mumbled as I sat down and ate my eggs.

*

KRISTINA'S POV

We got dressed and it took us a little too long. It's now 11 and we just got outside. Well, when you're a teenage girl you have to look good wherever you go. Don't judge.

Thank the Lord that we have and know how to ride our skateboards or it would have taken us an extra 5 or 10 minutes.

I really hope that Jeremy isn't gonna tell us anything that falls into the category of murder. I would lose my mind if he did. I mean, how would you react if you heard you might be murdered within the next few months? Yeah, I know, it's not the best news to receive.

Finally, we're here. I'm so nervous!

"Hey, Jeremy." we said.

"Hi. We gotta talk. About Kaitlin."

"Please don't tell us that we're gonna get murdered within the next few days." Jenna said.

Jeremy rolled his eyes and said, "No, you're not. I would have known in advance. But it is bad news. Kaitlin has started her plan for getting Toby. She's..

TOBY'S POV

I took Kaitlin to the carnival and we went on every ride! It was so much fun and Kaitlin is literally the sweetest girl! She has an amazing personality and she is really pretty. But not as pretty as Maria... Okay. I really have to stop this. I'm getting over Maria. I need to stay with Kaitlin. Maria wants to be with Riley and that's her choice. She doesn't like me back and I have to get over her.

"Hello? Earth to Toby?" Kaitlin said while waving her hand in front of my face.

"Oh Sorry. I was just thinking about all the rides we went on." I said, trying my best to put on my fake smile.

"It was fun."

"So, do you wanna go walk around the mall, have lunch there, and then I'll drop you back off to your house?" I said. If I'm gonna get over Maria I need to be with Kaitlin more.

"Sure! Sounds like fun!"

"Then the mall it is." I said while smiling and holding her hand.

*

MARIA'S POV

"SHE WHAT?!" The girls and I literally screamed.

"She told me last night that Toby is taking her on a date. He said he would pick her up at 9 this morning." Jeremy mumbled.

I couldn't believe it. Well, I knew it was gonna happen. I just can't believe that it did. Well, he doesn't like me the way I like him. If I really care about him, I have to let him be with who makes him happy. Who am I to get in his way?

"Are you okay?" Kristina and Jenna asked me.

"No, but I'll be okay. He doesn't like me and he's with who makes him happy. Who am I to get in his way?" I asked.

Jeremy shook me and said, "Maria. She is taking advantage of him."

"What am I supposed to do? Toby's not gonna believe me, the girl he just met. He's gonna believe his girlfriend. And if I tell him now he'll ask Kaitlin about it and she'll know that we know about her plan then she'll want to kill us now. So I think telling Toby and the others now is out of the picture. We have to wait until we gain their trust, which will be a few months." I said.

"True." Jeremy said.

"Fine." the girls said.

"This'll be a few months of hell." I said as we walked to Panera.

"And it starts now." Jeremy said as he pointed to a couple holding hands. They were walking to Panera to and they were ahead of us.

Once the girls and I realized who it was we took in a breath to scream but Jeremy rushed over to whisper to us, saying, "If you scream, they'll turn around and recognize us together. Kaitlin said I was never to speak to you guys again. Once she sees us together she'll get suspicious."

That shut us up.

"That little bitch." Jenna and Kristina swore.

A tear rolled down my cheek as we turned around and went back home. Jeremy brought his skateboard too so we rode together. Now, it's 12:30 and we were gonna go back home and have a movie marathon.

As we rode home, I kept on holding my tears in. Once we got inside, I quietly put my skateboard in the garage on the way then I ran to the couch and started sobbing. I heard footsteps after me.

"Shhh. It'll be okay. We'll figure something out. We'll help you through these few months." Jenna and Kristina comforted.

Jesus I cry way too much.

"And I'll tell Kaitlin that I need new guy friends and that I wanted to meet the boys. So, when they invite you three over and Toby invited Kaitlin, I'll come too. I'll tell Kaitlin that I won't tell you guys anything and that I'll make sure you guys won't stay in her way. She'll love the idea." Jeremy said.

"Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. And I'm sorry that I cry so much over Toby. He's just different." I said.

"Don't worry about it." they said.

My phone buzzed from my back pocket. I reached around to grab it and it was a text.

"Who from?" Kristina.

I smiled. "Riley."

<text message conversation>

From: rileyyy!:*

hey girly!

To: rileyyy!:*

heyy! what's up?

From: rileyyy!:*

nm. just wanted to ask if you Kristina and Jenna wanted to come over. we're having a movie marathon

To: rileyyy!:*

sure! be over in 5

From: rileyyy!:*

yay! see ya soon!

<end of text message conversation>

"We're sorry Jeremy. We don't mean to hurt your feelings for ditching you. We just gotta start getting close to the boys." I said, trying to explain.

"Don't worry about it. I totally understand. I mean, I can't go with you or Kaitlin will find out. But, I will be able to soon. I gotta call Kaitlin anyway and get the details on the date." Jeremy said.

"You have fun with that." Kristina said.

"Very funny. So I'll see you guys later."

"See ya." We said while putting on our shoes.

"Let's blow this joint." I said.

We walked over and knocked on the door. A very happy Riley answered.

"Hey guys!" he said.

"Hey!" we replied.

We walked into the basement and two other guys were there besides Connor and Toby.

BRAIDEN AND THOMAS!

"Woah. You guys are... hot." Braiden said.

"Yeah. Guys you told us they were hot but not this hot." Thomas said while smirking.

Connor, Riley, and Toby turned beat red and gave Thomas a death glare. The girls and I couldn't stop laughing.

"Yes, because our idiot drummer here spilling our secrets is hilarious.." Connor said.

"It is because we know it's a lie." Jenna said.

"What?" all five boys said.

"We know that Thomas and Braiden were just being nice and Thomas lied to embarrass you guys." I said.

"We're not trying to get attention here, trust me please because everyone calls us sluts for it, but we're not stupid." Kristina said.

All the boys' jaws dropped.

"I wasn't lying though. All three McDonough brothers said you guys were hot. I'm not naming who they said they liked specifically, because I like living." Thomas said.

"Yeah. And I wasn't lying either." Braiden said.

"Usually, we don't like it if girls do this but you said it's not for attention and gave a reason why, so we believe you. And excuse my language but the people who called you guys sluts are dicks." Conner said.

"Yeah." all the boys nodded in agreement.

"We can talk about that another time but we can here for a movie marathon!" Kristina playfully scolded.

"Then we'll get you a movie marathon!" Riley said back, also playfully.

"Oh yeah. You guys probably have no idea who we are. I'm-" I started but Braiden cut me off.

"No. We do. The boys described each of you and told us your name. They also said you guys were our number one fans for BYE."

"As so we are." Kristina said, smiling.

But the boys only focused on the part where Braiden said that they described us. Each brother jumped up and tackled Braiden and Thomas. We video taped it for a few minutes then decided to break it up before blood was drawn.

"Now guys, we really appreciate your enthusiasm, trust me, when we get home you'll here screaming because THE BYE said we're hot but, moving on, I came here for a fucking movie marathon." Kristina said as sweetly as she could.

"Damn. You guys never told us Kristina has a bad mouth." Braiden said.

"We all do. We just only swear in front of friends and my Mom and brother, who is probably hitting on some girl at the mall." I said.

The boy's jaws dropped.

Then, Toby smiled and said, "So, I guess we're friends now?"

"Definitely." the girls and I said.

Now everyone was smiling from ear to ear.

"Grown Ups or The Dictator?" Conner asked.

"THE DICTATOR!" everyone yelled.

"Jesus." Connor said.

*

Throughout the movie, Riley kept on moving closer to me. I'm getting the feeling he does like me.

By the time the movie was over, we had to go home because we wasted two hours talking, one before the movie and one after.

We got really close in just those three and a half hours. I feel like they're my brothers now. Riley must have thought the same because once we were leaving he asked if he could talk to me in private.

"What's up?" I said.

"Well, this might sound completely stupid and I understand if you don't wanna but... I can't stop thinking about you. You're perfect. Your smile lights up the room. You're easy going, down to earth, sweet, and not some crazy fan that tries to kiss us. Your beautiful, inside and out. So, will you go out with me? Riley asked.

That left me completely speechless. I was not expecting this, especially the day after we met. But, I do like Riley, even though I don't like him as much as Toby. But if I wanna get over Toby, the first step is to get him off my mind. Riley is the perfect person to do that since I do have feelings for him. So, why not?

"Yeah. I would love to." I said.

Riley smiled and hugged me.

He asked, "So, how about I pick you up at noon on Wednesday?"

"Sure, but where are we going?"

"That is for me to know only." He said, a mischievous smile forming on his face.

"Okay, but please nothing with rides. I hate rides. They make me sick and if you, or anyone, forces me to go on rides I will hate them forever"

"Okay. A ride-free date it is then."

"Great. So I'll talk to you later?"

"Yeah. See ya."

"Bye."

*

"HE WHAT?" the girls screamed.

We were in my room and I just told them that Riley asked me out.

"Yup! He's taking me out at noon on Wednesday and he won't tell me where." I said.

"He's romantic I see." Jenna said.

Kristina looked a little hurt.

"Are you okay?" I asked Kristina.

"You like him, don't you?" Jenna asked.

Kristina nodded.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I do like him, but not as much as Toby. I'm just going out with him so maybe I can get over Toby. I can cancel." I said.

"No. It's fine. If he likes you that's fine. I mean, Braiden is cuter is person. And if you like him than you go out with him. I don't wanna be that friend that makes you break up." Kristina said.

I hugged her and said, "Thanks. You're the best friend ever."

"What about me?" Jenna fake pouted.

"You both are now come here!" I said as Jenna got into our hug.

We finally let go and decided to crash.

"Goodnight guys." I said.

"Goodnight." they said.

RILEY'S POV

"SHE SAID YES!" I screamed at the four boys. Thomas and Braiden are sleeping over so, yeah.

They got up and said, "Congrats, dude."

Toby looked upset. He likes her.

"I'm sorry Toby. But you have Kaitlin. If you want I can cancel it." I said, hoping he'll say no.

"No, it's fine. You deserve Maria. I'm just trying to get over her and hopefully Kaitlin will help. And I'm tired so I'm gonna go crash." Toby said and quickly walked upstairs.

I shrugged.

I didn't care at the moment. I was just happy that Maria said yes.

TOBY'S POV

I don't know why I'm so jealous. I have Kaitlin. And she's gorgeous and has the best personality. I really have to get over Maria.

knock knock.

"Come in." I said.

It was Connor.

"You okay, lil bro?" he asked.

"No. But she likes Riley, and that's all there is to it. If she's happy than who am I to get in her way? I just have to get over her."

"You'll be able to do it. I know how strong you are. And if you can't then tell her how you feel. If you know for sure she doesn't like you it will help you get over her. But don't ask now, because that way causes more pain, but sometimes it's the only way. And if you really can't get over her, you have to tell her."

"Okay. Thanks. I'm gonna go to sleep now. Goodnight Connie."

"Anytime. And goodnight Tobster."

Connor walked out and shut the door. Maybe Maria isn't all that. Maybe what I need is right under my nose. Maybe Kaitlin is the one for me. If Maria likes Riley then so be it. She's not the one for me and I can't be wasting my time on her.

MARIA'S POV

Toby isn't the one for me after all. If he likes Kaitlin then so be it. I have Riley now. Maybe he's the one for me. I just need to get over Toby. I can't waste my time on him if he doesn't like me back.

---------------------------------------------

I bet you guys didn't see that coming! Big plot twist!
So yeah please vote and comment... all of the boring stuff I say every time I update. Oh and the girls' outfits are on the side. Enjoy!

~Maria💕