Chapter 33

MARIA'S POV

It's now Christmas time, and we've been here for about a month. It's December 17 and we're looking for our Christmas tree at a Christmas tree farm. I guess we're a little late, but it's been overwhelming these past few weeks with the hate we've gotten from our old classmates for moving away. Luckily, we got our teachers to film their lessons and email it to us, along with our work. They also sent us our books. And, we get to take the quizzes and tests online while they video chatted us to make sure we didn't cheat. Why are they doing this, you ask? Well, we told our principal, which is actually Jenna's mom what happened and she told the teachers what they needed to do. We also told her to keep quiet and not kick Kylie and Tess and the guys out because then they'd know something is wrong. I think that they both know that we used Jenna's mom to get the teachers to send us the work but not that she knows everything.

"Tam, can you help me cut the tree?" Jeremy asked once we found the perfect Christmas tree.

"Yeah, sure." Tam answered.

Over the weeks Tam and the rest of us have gotten really close. I told him everything about my relationship with Riley and what happened, and the rest opened up to him too, and vice versa. I'm actually very happy that we met him. Without Tam, we'd still be back in Florida, maybe even dead by now.

With these thoughts, I walked over to him after he and Jeremy cut the tree down and hugged him.

"What's that for?" Tam said, hugging me back.

"For everything. For not killing us, for being our friend, for trusting in us, for being trustworthy, for letting us stay at your summer house, for everything." I said.

"I would do anything for you guys." He kissed my head.

Soon enough, I felt the rest of my friends put their arms around Tam and I.

"I love you guys." I said.

"I love you guys too." the responded together.

I know that boys usually aren't that mushy, but with everything with Kaitlin, they know how to appreciate what they have, because they may lose it all the next day. We are so lucky to have guys like them.

-

On the way home we had a music jam. I brought my guitar and so did Jeremy; don't ask why we just had a feeling that we'd need it. And boy were we right.

Jeremy taught me how to play a few Christmas songs yesterday because we were bored, so that's what we played. 

We started playing Jingle Bell Rock and Kris and Jenna started singing.

Then Tam started singing too.

His voice was amazing. 

"Holy shit why didn't you tell us you had the voice of a god?!" I exclaimed as Jeremy and I stopped playing and Jenna and Kris stopped singing.

"That's why." he chuckled.

"OMG YOU A GREAT VOICE THAT MAKES YOU EVEN HOTTER!" I screamed in his ear since I was sitting behind him.

He swerved the car since he wasn't expecting it then said, "Well the 'hottie' is driving and trying not to get us in a car crash."

I giggled.

"What about me!" Jeremy pouted.

"You don't need to be any hotter than you are." Kris and Jenna said simultaneously.

He laughed then said, "Let's continue the song!"

And that's how we spent our ride home.

-