Chapter 12

MARIA'S POV

I've been up half the night thinking about the date. I mean, what should I wear? Do I need to wear a dress or can I go with what I usually wear? I should ask Riley. It's noon now so he should be up.

<text message conversation>

To: rileyyy!:*

hey! i'm just wondering if I need to wear a dress for the date?

From: rileyyy!:*

yeah. sorry I forgot to tell you. but not a fancy dress, a casual dress

To: rileyyy!:*

np. and ok thanks. see ya tomorrow!

From: rileyyy!:*

see ya!

<end of text message conversation>

Okay. I have one casual dress and that's the one I wore to Vinny's graduation. I can't wear that, if I do it'll be weird. Wearing the same dress to my brother's graduation and on my first date.

I have to get the girls up so we can go dress shopping.

KRISTINA'S POV

"Oh my god this is the sweetest thing!" I said.

"I know! Riley is so romantic!" Jenna replied.

We just got off the phone with Riley like 10 minutes ago. He said he needs us to bring Maria to the park and that he's not gonna pick her up. Riley also said that him and the rest of the boys were gonna sing WMYB for Maria, which is one of her favorite songs, and that we need to video tape it. He said that they're gonna be deep in the park but he's gonna draw arrows in chalk on the cement. He's so sweet and romantic!

"She's coming!" I whisper yelled to Jenna.

"Guys. I just texted Riley. He said that I need to wear a casual dress. Can you come with me to go dress shopping?" Maria asked.

Jenna and I looked at each then screamed, "YES! OF COURSE! LET'S GO!"

*

We were now in Delia's and I just found the perfect dress.

"Guys. Look at this one. I love it." I said.

The dress was hi-low. I was navy blue and floral. The dress was spaghetti strapped too. I was absolutely perfect.

"It's gorgeous." the girls said.

Now we were looking for shoes.

"I think that sandals would look best with it." Kristina said.

Jenna and I nodded in agreement.

"Over here!" Jenna and Kristina said.

They found a pair of sandals that matched the dress perfectly. They were purple and matched purple flowers on the dress.

We found silver hoop earrings and an infinity sign ring for accessories.

I paid and then we rode back home on our skateboards. We decided to just chill today.

JEREMY'S POV

"Come on Kaitlin. I have no friends here except you. Please let me meet the guys." I pleaded.

"No!" she said.

"Why not?"

"Because the girls will most likely be there too and I don't want you spilling our secrets."

"Hmm.... well what if I hung out with the girls just to make sure that they don't get in your way. And if they get suspicious I'll tell you."

Kaitlin thought for a moment.

"That's actually a great idea. So, I'll ask Toby if I can bring a friend to meet them."

She texted Toby.

"Toby said it was okay but they're helping Riley with his date with Maria so we have to be quick."

What?! Date with Maria?! I swear to God if he hurts her I will hurt him!

"Jeremy? You coming?"

"Oh yeah. Sorry. I'm just a little nervous."

"Don't be. They're very easy going. Anyone could make friends with them within a day. They're very gullible too." Kaitlin said, smirking.

"Good."

TOBY'S POV

"Why did you say yes?" Riley asked.

"Because she's my girlfriend." I said.

"Well you could've said come over later. You do know your older brother is freaking out!" Riley yelled.

"Dude, chill. I said we were helping you with your date with Maria so it was to be quick."

"YOU WHAT?" Riley asked.

Then, he tackled me to the ground.

After about 5 minutes of Riley trying to kill me, Connor pried him off of me.

"Guys, relax. They're gonna be here any minute." Connor said.

knock knock.

"I'll get it." I mumbled.

I opened the door and there was Kaitlin and some guy.

I kissed her cheek and asked, "Who's this?"

"Don't worry Toby he's just a good friend. Jeremy this is Toby, Toby, Jeremy."

"Nice to meet you." I said.

"You too." Jeremy said.

We walked in and Jeremy introduced himself to Riley, Connor, Braiden, and Thomas.

"So what are you doing?" Kaitlin asked.

"Planning my date with Maria." Riley said.

"Bring flowers. Girls love flowers." she said.

"Thanks. I will."

"Well, I just wanted you guys to meet Jeremy. I have to go do chores. Is it okay if Jeremy stays here? He knows Maria and the girls. They went to school together." Kaitlin said.

"Uhm.. yeah sure. Why not?" the boys said.

"Great. See ya later." Kaitlin said as she kissed my cheek and left.

"So, you know the girls?" I asked.

"Yeah. They're actually my best friends." Jeremy said.

"Since they're you're best friends, you must know a lot about them." Connor said.

"If you ask me who they like I'm not answering. That's like against the best friend rules." Jeremy said.

Braiden looked at Connor, Riley, Thomas, and I and said, "That's a good friend."

We nodded in agreement.

"So, you must know that I'm taking Maria out?" Riley asked.

"No. Actually Kaitlin told me when Toby texted her back before we came. I saw her yesterday but she went over here so I'm guessing you asked her last night?" Jeremy said.

"Yeah." Riley said.

JEREMY'S POV

I'm gonna kill the girls for not telling me.

"So, when's the date?" I asked.

"Tomorrow at noon." Thomas said.

"Where?"

"The park." Connor said.

"And what are you doing?"

"Well, you know we sing right?" Riley asked.

"Of course. You guys are in Before You Exit and the girls are huge fans." I said.

"Okay. So, I'm gonna have Jenna and Kristina bring Maria to the park. They'll be videotaping this, and one of them will say that it's a date, blah, blah, blah. Okay, so they're gonna bring Maria to the park which is where they'll first start videotaping. They'll point to the arrows on the cement that I drew since we're gonna be deep in the park. She'll follow them and they'll lead to us. Once Maria gets there, we're gonna start singing What Makes You Beautiful, one of her favorite songs, and once the song is over Jenna and Kristina will stop videotaping and then we'll have a picnic in the park, alone." Riley explained.

"And. He had her wear a casual dress and he's gonna wear a polo and jeans so when she watches the tape it'll be like the dates in the romance novels." Braiden said.

She'll love that.

"That is the most amazing date. She will absolutely love it." I said.

Riley was smiling from ear to ear.

"But, as her best guy friend, I have to say this and I think you all know what's coming. If you hurt her I'll hurt you." I said.

"I would never hurt her." Riley said.

"I sure hope not. Because I know for a fact that if you do, Jenna and Kristina will literally hurt you and I bet they will tell you that soon." I said.

"Oh god.." he mumbled.

I smiled proudly.

"So, you wanna get some Starbucks?" I asked.

They all looked at me. I could've sworn all their faces lit up when I said Starbucks.

"Are you guys just gonna sit there looking at me like a bunch of losers or go to Starbucks?!" I asked

That got them up. They all shot up and ran out the door.

"Hey, you might wanna wait for the person with the money!" I yelled to them. They were all running to Starbucks.

Then they turned and ran back to me.

"We have money, you know. You don't have to pay." Connor said.

"It's my treat. Think of it as a friendship gift/prize for coming up with such a great date." I said.

"Okay. Whatever." they said.

I could tell they like me already. That thought made me smile. Kaitlin was right, they are easy going.

We finally got to Starbucks and we all ordered and said our names were Billy Bob. It was so funny, because all six of us said the same name. Even the barista was laughing.

Once we got back to the McDonough's we watched Jaws. By the time we were done it was 11pm.

"Shouldn't you tell your parents where you are?" Thomas asked.

"Well, my parents are in Vermont, where the girls and I moved from, and they worked all day and didn't really pay attention to me. I'm living with my aunt and uncle and they're very laid back. They don't care when I go out as long as I tell them where I am and who I'm with every few hours. But, my curfew is 11:30 so I should probably go." I said.

"Okay. See ya." the guys said.

I did that bro hug, whatever it's called with all the guys. It felt nice to have friends.

"Oh and can you come over tomorrow at like 10:30am? We're gonna need help with the food and bringing all of our instruments and drawing the arrows." Riley said.

"Yeah. No problem. I live at the end of the block so it won't be a problem. See ya guys tomorrow." I said.

"Bye." they said.

Finally, I have some guy friends. I've never really had guy friends, just the girls. Don't get me wrong, I love having friends that are girls. But, who are you gonna tell when you see a hot girl? Who can you play COD with? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Well, now it's 11:45 and I gotta get up at 10am so I can be on time tomorrow so I should probabaly crash. Well, this was a good day. First good day in a while.

---------------------------------------------

Well Jeremy finally met the guys! And the date is in the next chapter! So excited! I'm not putting the girls' outfits on because this was just the boys' povs most of the time.
So yeah comment...vote...like.... all that.
Enjoy!

~Maria💕