Chapter 22

MARIA'S POV

I can't believe it. I was kissing Connor. Oh my-

"Hey gu-" Jenna started as her, Kris, Braiden, and Thomas burst into my room.

Fuck.

"Oh my god." Kris said.

"Uhm.. I can explain.." I trailed.

"No. I will." Connor started. "I came in to comfort Maria about everything and I kissed her. She didn't do anything."

"Yeah... but I kissed back." I said while touching my lips.

"Oh my god." they all said.

"Guys, can we have a minute alone?" Connor asked them.

They all walked out with their mouths hung open. Holy shit what just happened.

As soon as Thomas closed the door Connor said, "Okay, I'm so sorry for kissing you. I shouldn't have. I should've waited. Look, I like you, like 'like like' you. And if you don't feel the same about me that's fine. I just.." Connor kept on talking but I wasn't listening. All I could think of is how I got this weird feeling while kissing him. Maybe I do like him.

I think I do.

"Maria, I'm so so so sorr-" I cut Connor off with a kiss. He responded by pulling me closer.

I pulled away and said, "I know that you were comforting me and I forgive you. But when we kissed I got this weird feeling, and I think maybe I do like you."

Connor smiled and leaned in.

I leaned back. "But wouldn't it be weird, you know, a 19 year old and a 14 year old dating?"

"Who cares? I don't care what anyone else thinks, and you shouldn't either."

I smiled and leaned in.

*

"We should go downstairs and tell them everything. I mean, we've been up hear for an hour; they probably think that we're doing something we're not supposed to." Connor said while smirking.

I giggled. After the guys left, Connor and I just sat on my bed, talking, about everything and anything. It was amazing. It totally made up for his douche of a brothers.

"Yeah. Come on." I said while leading him downstairs.

Once we got down everyone stared at us, then at our hands. Yes, we were holding hands.

Kristina was the first to speak out. "You guys are dating?"

"Yeah." Connor and I said.

"Don't you think it's a little too soon?" Brai asked.

"Yeah, but I'm happy and it'll help me get my mind off things." I said.

Brai shrugged.

"I wonder how Riley and Toby will react." Jenna said.

"I don't wanna tell them until tomorrow night. I'm still not ready to face them." I clarified.

"Okay. Whenever your ready." Connor said while kissing me.

"Get it Connie." Brai and Thomas said and at the same time the girls said, "Get it Maria." Then, they looked at each other and burst out laughing. I don't even know if it was because they said the same thing at the same time or if it's because of how red Connor and I's faces are.

"Shut the hell up." Connor and I said at the same time which just made them laugh harder. Connor and I couldn't help but laugh too.

*

We watched movies all night, laughing so hard. I love my friends so much, but tomorrow I'd have to face two people who I don't wanna face.

*

It was finally morning. It's 11am. As I looked at my clock, I saw a sticky note pressed to it. I wonder what it says. Oh, and if you're wondering, probably not, but everyone feel asleep downstairs and I left them a note saying I was going to sleep in my bed, so I'm alone. Great. Okay, back to the letter.

It says: look under your bed //

It was typed so I couldn't see if I recognized the handwriting. Whatever it was, I didn't like it.

I pushed the covers off of me and got out of bed. I bent down and looked under my bed. Sure as hell there it was, a letter awaiting me.

I opened the letter. There was two pieces of paper. Weird.

The first one said:

Maria:

There's bad things coming towards you, Jenna, and Kristina. If you tell them about this letter they will die and so will you. You better watch your back, and theirs too.

//

The second one said:

Maria:

Horrible events are coming. You'll never know who'll be alive and dead in the end.

//

Oh my fucking god. Not this again. The scariest part of this letter is not that it's threatening... it's that it's not typed, and it's not Kaitlin's or Dad's handwriting, or anyone I recognize anyway. They got people to work with them. I'll never know who to trust.

----------------------------------------------

sorry about the short chapter! I usually have the chapters planned out before I write them, but I didn't know what to write for this so I just played it by ear!

I hope you like it and outfits to the side and please vote comment and like!
ask- ask.fm/itssmariaabye
ig- mariaidfk

ily all!

~Maria💕