Chapter 4

MARIA'S POV

Okay. Today, being Monday, I had to leave school early because Mom and I forgot to go dress shopping for Vinny's graduation, which, mind you, is today. So, I missed my last two classes, but it doesn't really matter because those classes are just English and my teacher doesn't really do anything and even if she does, English is easy. So yeah Mom and I are now at Forever 21 looking for dresses.

"Do you see anything?" Mom asked.

"No." I said.

"Okay. Maybe Delia's has something." She suggested.

"Okay. Lets go."

Once I walked into Delia's I was amazed. All the dresses here are gorgeous! But there was one that caught my eye. It was light blue lace that came down to a little above my knees. It had thick tank top straps that were also lace.

"Mom. This one is perfect." I said.

"Yes it is. Go try it on."

"Okay."

I took a smaller size and a bigger size of the dress, so I can see which one looks better.

"Okay Mom. Come and see."

I put the big one on first because there are some parts of my body that are too big and usually that part of a dress is right. But this one didn't show my uhm... big...? stomach at all. I loved it.

"Wow. You look beautiful." Mom gushed.

"Thanks." I said, inwardly and outwardly smiling.

"Okay. Now shoes."

We quickly picked out a pair of black sandals, paid, and left.

We were now at Vinny's graduation and Mom was teary eyed. I was a little too.

"YEAH VINNY!" I screamed at the end while everyone glared and scolded me.

I just laughed.

The graduation actually went by faster than I thought. Vinny had Mom take pictures of him with his friends and his teachers. And I made him take one with me and Andrew. Then I had to take one of him and Mom and Dad. Last, we got someone to take one of all of us. Finally, the pictures were over and so was the graduation.

Vinny jut sat smiling in the car talking about how excited and sad he was. I zoned out and somehow my mind wondered to Toby McDonough of Before You Exit. That's creepy...

We are now at some fancy restaurant celebrating Vinny's graduation. And still my mind won't leave Toby. It's really annoying now. Why can't I get him out if my head?! He would never notice me anyway! Ugh! Even Mom noticed too!

"Watcha thinking about Maria?" She asked.

"That I'm gonna be a sophomore next year and all the memories of freshman year. I'm so excited!" I lied.

Luckily, she bought it.

"Yes. It is very exciting." She said smiling.

It's just his eyes, his smile, the way he talks..... Ugh! I have to stop this! Why can't I get Toby McDonough out of my head?!

Finally, we were home. I held myself back from running up the stairs for a few minutes, but it didn't work for that long.

"Honey, what are you doing?" Mom asked.

"I really need to pee!" I yelled back.

"Okay. But then why are you going upstairs?"

"Because I like my bathroom better!"

Okay, so now Mom thinks I'm crazy. Whatever. I do like my bathroom better. I opened the door to my room and flopped on my bed. This was supposed to be Andrew's room when we first bought this house, but he gave it to me. I'm so glad he did because I have a bathroom in my room. I went over to my alarm clock, out my phone in the doc, and played some music. I didn't really listen though, because I was thinking about Toby and why he won't leave my mind.

"Ugh, what is happening to me?" I whispered.

I just sighed and started to get ready for bed. I did my exercises while thinking about Toby. Wow, at least it's good for that.

I went to say goodnight to Mom and Dad then trudged back up the steps. Then, I hopped in bed, turned off my music, and turned my fan on.

"Goodnight world. Please tell me why I can't get Toby out of my mind soon, or else I won't be able to concentrate on anything..." I whispered very softly.

After that, I fell asleep, only to be dreaming of Toby.

---------------------------------------------

Okay. These next few chapter are filler chapters so pleeassseee keep on reading!

And don't forget to vote and comment!

~Maria💕