Chapter 20

JENNA'S POV

The guys and Maria, Kristina, and I were just hanging on the couch, watching tv. Yesterday was a tough day for Toby and Maria. Kaitlin and Riley were cheating on Maria and Toby. I feel so bad for them.

"Hey guys. I gotta tell you all something."

Shit. I know that voice. No fucking way.

"What the fuck do you want Riley?" Jeremy, Kristina, and I said at once.

He looked scared. "I just wanted to say that I felt really bad about cheating on Maria, with Toby's girlfriend, and that I never really did like Kaitlin. I just liked the feeling of rebelling. So, I broke up with Kaitlin."

We all looked shocked.

"We're still not getting back together, Riley. I guess we can still talk but it won't be the same between us." Maria said.

Riley looked sad. "Okay. I get it. At least you're letting me talk to you."

"Hello? Guys?" someone else appeared in the doorway.

FUCK

"No fucking way." the girls, Jeremy, and I whispered.

"Uhm... hi Kaitlin." we all said.

"Hi. I came for one reason. Toby, will you be my boyfriend again? I made a huge mistake. Like Riley said, I never liked him either, just the thrill of the action. I'm sorry. I love you and only you. Take me back?" Kaitlin asked.

"...okay." Toby said.

All of our mouths dropped.

Maria was glaring at Toby. Kristina, Jeremy, and I were too. How could he do that to her.

"Some friend." Maria said. Then she grabbed her phone, earbuds, and skateboard as she ran out the door.

Kristina and I didn't run after her because she gave us 'the look' saying that she'll text us where she's going.

"Okay.... uhm... we should probably go..." Connor said.

"Yeah..." Kristina and I said.

They all walked out the door.

"What a bitch. She goes and breaks Maria by being with her boyfriend behind her back. Then, the next day she comes to get Toby back. She's got him wrapped around her finger." I said.

"I know. And we both saw them last night." Kristina said.

"Kris, they were comforting each other. Not flirting."

"Could've fooled me."

"Whatever. I just hope Maria is okay. She looked like she was gonna text us when she was ready to see us."

buzz buzz

buzz buzz

"Well, there goes our phones."

We read the message.

"C'mon." Kristina said.

We ran out and grabbed out skateboards, heading for the beach. We should've known. Maria loves the beach, we all do.

*

We finally got to the beach and found Maria sitting on the sand, staring at the water. Kristina and I went and sat on either side of her.

"I never knew she could do this. Why? I can't believe she got Riley to cheat on me with her. I can't believe that after all of that she got Toby back. Those stupid boys can't see past her lies." Maria said.

"Well, we didn't." I said.

"True. But what kind of idiot gets back together with someone the day after you found out they were cheating on you? And what kind of idiot asks you to get back together with him the day after you find out that he's also cheating?" Maria asks.

"I don't know. Toby and Riley apparently." Kristina said.

"Look, Maria, the thing is, that you can't choose for them. Yes, they made stupid choices. But that's their problem, not ours. And yes, Kristina and I also wanna tell them about Kaitlin too. It's killing us too. But it's just not the time." I said.

"Very stupid choices. But when will be the time to tell them?" Maria asked.

"Soon. We got pretty close over the few weeks." Kristina answered.

"You guys are lucky you have boyfriends that have a conscience." Maria mumbled.

"You don't know that. They could be cheating, and they could not be cheating." I said.

"So what you're saying is that you never know? You just have to go with it to wherever it leads you?" Maria asked.

"Exactly." I said.

"Wow. This sucks."

"That's what love is." Kristina said.

"Let's ride. I need to move and have the wind in my face. I would run but I'm too lazy right now and you guys wouldn't be able to run for that long." Maria said.

"Hahaha. You're so funny." Kristina said as we got up.

*

We rode around for about an hour after we talked at the beach. Then, we got hungry so we decided to go get Starbucks and a muffin.

"Are they there?" Maria asked as Kristina and I are looking in the window.

"No." we both said.

"Okay, good. Let's go. I'm starving."

*

We each got our drinks and an apple cinnamon muffin.

"Where to now?" I asked.

"Home." Maria said.

*

It took us five minutes to get home. We locked the door because we didn't want to see the boys today. Especially in Maria's condition.

"Can you guys sing?" Maria asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I don't know. I just feel like playing a song. Jenna, you know how to play guitar. Can you teach me?" Maria asked me.

"Of course. Let's go to your room." I said.

*

2 hours later I had Maria playing guitar. She learned pretty quickly.

"Can we play a song?" Maria shyly asked.

"Of course. What song?" Kristina said.

"Miss Movin' On by Fifth Harmony?"

"Okay. Let's look up the chords and lyrics." I said.

*

An hour later we were playing Miss Movin' On. Maria can't sing so she just did the harmonies where you couldn't hear her voice. Kristina and I took turns singing. Since I was singing, I let Maria do the most playing. Kristina patted her lap with the beat.

"Yeah, I'm movin' on.." we all sang the last line.

"That was amazing!" Maria said, then she hugged Kristina and I.

Then we heard applause.

Fuck. Maria's window was opened... and so was Toby's.

We turned to see the six boys standing there... clapping.

"That was great! Maria that was really your first song?" Connor asked.

Maria looked down. "Yeah.."

"Well it was great!" Braiden said.

"Thanks."

"And your guys' voices are amazing! You never told us you could sing!" Thomas said.

"Jeremy never told you..?" Kristina and I asked.

The all looked over at Jeremy.

"NO." they said.

"Sorry. Jeez." Jeremy said.

"Well.. we gotta go. Bye." I said as Kristina shut the window and blinds.

"Are you okay?" we asked Maria.

"They just stood there. They didn't say a word. Just kinda stared at me." she said.

"They're in shock Maria. Let's all sleep in my room tonight." I said. My room had a small couch that I brought from home in it.

"Maria, you get the couch. I got the floor." Kris said.

"Whatever." Maria said.

Then we all went to sleep.

*

I woke up to someone viciously shaking me.

"JENNA GET THE FUCK UP NOW!" the person said.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"Kris, what the fuck are you doing up this early?" I asked her as I looked at the clock. It was 8am.

"BECAUSE MARIA IS GONE!" she screamed.

"WHAT?!" I screamed back at her.

"LOOK FOR YOURSELF!"

I looked at my couch. Maria was never ever ever up this early. Even if she was she would've woken me up.

Kris and I ran downstairs while screaming her name. No answer.

We stood and the kitchen and found a note. 'Goodbye' was all it said.

Sure enough, Maria was gone.

---------------------------------------------

I'm back! Omg I've had so much math homework and I've been in school for four days! Ugh! Anyway, another plot twist! I love surprising people. It's fun.

So, the outfits are on the side, vote, comment, and like. I'll try to update as much as I can. I'm going to a really boring party today so I might update again.

Last, I got an ask.fm! So if anyone wants to ask me anything go on! Oh and people from my school might go on so if it's about this fanfic I won't answer.

So go to...
ASK.FM/ITSSMARIAABYE

~Maria💕