Chapter 6

MARIA'S POV

Finally! School's out! I walked from my last class, honors English, to my locker to find Jenna and Kristina standing there. They both looked broken and hurt. Something was up.

"Hey guys! What's wrong?" I asked.

They looked at each other. Kristina spoke up first.

"We can't explain now but can you come over and sleepover? We'll tell you once we get to my house."

"I don't know. Let me call me mom."

It sounded really bad. Whatever it was, I was going to find out.

"Hey Mom! Can I go over Kristina's house now and sleep over?" I asked.

"Sure. Just drop your stuff off here. I don't want you to be carrying around your backpack."

"Thank you! Can you get my bag ready? My pjs are on my bed and just grab my flip flops? Kristina and Jenna look really hurt and they won't tell me until I get there so I gotta hurry."

"Okay. No problem."

"Thanks Mom! Love you!"

"Love you too!"

I walked back to Jenna and Kristina.

"Mom said I can go. I just gotta drop my stuff off at home."

"Me too." Jenna said.

Since we all lived close to each other it takes 15 minutes top to walk to her house so we should be there in about 20 minutes.

"Is Kaitlin coming?" I asked.

"No. We need to talk to you alone." Jenna said.

"Okay. Well I gotta go. I don't wanna miss my bus. See ya soon!" I said.

"My moms here too anyway! So yeah see ya!" Jenna said.

"Okay. Bye!" Kristina waved.

I wonder what's up with them. When I mentioned Kaitlin, they looked even more hurt than they did before. Hmm.

(Kristina's house)

MARIA'S POV

I ran inside to find Jenna and Kristina sitting on the couch, about to burst into tears.

"What the hell happened? Are you guys okay?" I asked.

"You wanna know what's wrong?" Jenna asked.

"Yes! For God's sake!" I yelled.

After they told me everything about Kaitlin and Toby and the tape, the waterworks came.

"How could she do this to me?! To us?! Her best friends!" I sobbed into the shirts of my best friends.

"I don't know. She's not who we thought she was." Kristina said, comforting me.

"Oh and there's something else that I heard that I didn't tell you guys... it's um.. well she said she will do whatever it takes to break us, even hurt someone to do it." Jenna said.

Mine and Kristina's jaws dropped.

"We gotta come up with a plan." Kristina said, getting up from the floor to grab a box of tissues.

"Okay. How about, I just don't get close to Toby?" I suggested, sarcasm dripping from my voice.

Jenna and Kristina took it seriously though.

"Why would you do that? You like love him." Kristina teased.

"Yeah. Be strong. Don't give Kaitlin the pleasure of hurting you." Jenna said.

"Okay. But if we do get close, we would probably be close to the other boys, so we gotta tell them about Kaitlin. They would deserve to know. And if they want me, well Kristina and I, to go, then we will. It will be hard, but we have each other." I said, getting stronger inside with each word.

"Hey, can we make a pact?" Jenna nervously asked.

"What about?" asked Kristina.

"That we always tell each other everything and never lie to each other?" Jenna said, while twiddling her thumbs.

"Of course! Great idea, Jenna!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah! Okay. So deal?" Kristina asked.

"Deal." Jenna and I said in unison we shook each others hands. That pact made me feel good inside, to know that Jenna, Kristina, and I will always have each other's backs.

"Okay. Now, the good news." Jenna said, practically bouncing.

Kristina squealed. Well at least it's good.

"So, you know how my dad works with your dad?" Jenna asked.

"Yeah." I said, unsure of where this was going.

"Well, he's also getting transferred to Orlando!" Jenna yelled.

"AHHHHHH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"WAIT WAIT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!" Jenna yelled.

"You never told me this part?!" Kristina exclaimed.

"She knew?" I asked.

"I told her in math." Jenna explained.

"So, what is it?!" Kristina and I yelled in unison.

"Well, our parents thought it would be a better idea if we combined our money and buy a house together! Since you know, I would be seeing you guys everyday no matter what and our parents are like best friends too!" Jenna screamed.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD WERE GONNA BE LIVING TOGETHER!" Kristina and I screamed.

We all did our happy dance and were screaming so loud that the neighbors knocked on the front door and told us to keep it down. Ha!

KRISTINA'S POV

So, I still can't figure out my feelings about the boys. But, I'm gonna ask the girls who they like out of the boys tonight so at least that narrows my choice. I'm also telling them that I seriously like all five of Before You Exit.

"Disney or romance?" Jenna asked.

"Romance." Maria and I said.

"Time to get our never-gonna-happen-romance-fantasies on." Maria said.

Jenna and I laughed at her sarcasm. Maria is definitely the sassy one of us.

"I'll get the snacks." I said.

"I'll get the movies." Maria said.

"I'll get the blankets, pillows, and pjs." Jenna said.

After we watched three of the movies, and were all done crying, I decided to ask them the burning question.

"So guys, which out of the Before You Exit boys do you like?" I asked.

"Toby. Obviously. And a little Riley, and a tiny bit Connor. But mostly just Toby, considering I can't get him off my mind and you both know that." Maria said.

"Okay. Do you like Riley and Connor enough to date them?" I pressed.

"Riley, maybe, probably not though. And Connor is too old for me." Maria answered.

"Okay. What about you, Jenna?" I asked.

"Uhm.. I like Braiden, Thomas, and Connor. But mostly Thomas." Jenna replied.

It makes sense that Jenna is going for the older boys because she's actually 16. She got held back twice in kindergarten.

"Okay. Do you like Braiden and Connor enough to date them?" I asked.

"Maybe. I don't know. Why are you asking all of these questions?" Jenna pressed.

"Well, because, on Friday when I was taking to you," I said, pointing to Maria," at your locker, and I was teasing you about Toby and you were teasing me about Riley, and I said I like Connor too, I realized I have serious feelings for all five of the boys. And I just wanted to see who I could date, I mean, if we even do meet them, without hurting you guys." I finished, nervously.

"Well, number one, smart idea and thank you. Number two, we don't even know if we'll meet them. And number three, we can't just go picking out which boy we want, they're not toys, and they have to like us back to date us." Jenna stated, matter-of-factly.

"I agree with Jenna, but that still is a smart idea and thank you for caring about us." Maria said.

"Me too and you guys are my best friends, why wouldn't I?" I asked.

Jenna and Maria just laughed.

"We should probably go to bed. It's 4am." Maria said.

"Yeah. Goodnight. Love you guys!" Jenna said.

"Nighty night. If the bed bugs bite I will kill them for you because I love you guys so much!" Maria said.

"Haha! Good night and love you guys too!" I said.

JENNA'S POV

Boy, do I love these girls. We make the perfect match; Maria being sassy, but caring, Kristina being shy, but really pissy if you get her mad, and me, being my nice self, until you mess with someone I love.

I would do anything for these girls and I'm so excited to move to Orlando with them and possibly meet Before You Exit! Life can't get any better!

---------------------------------------------

Please vote and comment!

~Maria💕