Chapter 30

MARIA'S POV

"Oh my God that was the best!" I said. We just got back from Catching Fire.

"I know!" Jenna and Kris squealed.

"It was okay." Connor said and the rest of the boys nodded in agreement.

"Whatever. Boys obviously don't have a taste in movies." I said.

"I guess we don't." Thomas said.

We all laughed and piled back into the car. Us girls literally had to drag all the boys, including Tamani, out to see the movie. They said they didn't want to hear us gossiping about how hot Gale and Peeta are, but we didn't care. And that's exactly what we did during the movie. Oh, we love to annoy them, and vise versa.

Now, it's 5:45 because by the time we dragged the boys out it was 3:00 and by the time we got there and sat down it was 3:15, right in time for the movie.

"Why don't we go to Wendy's for dinner?"  I suggested.

They answered me by cheering and I laughed.

"Wendy's it is!" Riley exclaimed from the driver's seat. I guess these are going to be our seating arrangements from now on.

Once we got there we piled into Wendy's as loud as can be. We even got in trouble from the manager and almost got kicked out. Oops.

When we finally sat down a very familiar voice came from behind us.

"Hi, guys!" the voice said.

The girls and I turned around then paled.

It was Kaitlin.

"Hi." we answered.

Toby got up and gave her a kiss.

"Where have you been?" he asked, concern written on his face.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I totally forgot to tell you. I went on a week vacation to the Bahamas. That's why I'm so tan. And I coudln't return any of your calls because the phone service was really sucky. Sorry, babe." Kaitlin said as she kissed Toby a little too passionately in front of us.

She whispered something into his ear.

Then Toby said, "I'm gonna take Kaitlin out. I'll catch up with you guys later."

He walked off with her. And when the others weren't looking Kaitlin turned around and glared at the girls and I.

"What the hell was that about?" I asked.

All the boys shrugged.

The girls put their arms around me and we gave Jeremy and Tamani a look.

"Okay, ready to go back?" Braiden asked, breaking the silence.

"I'm still invited...?" Tamani questioned.

"Of course. You're one of our friends now. We live on the same block so we literally do everything together except when the girls want to have girls' night. So unless you don't want to come or you can't, you're always invited." Connor said and the rest of us nodded.

Tamani smiled. "Okay, I'll come. By the way, which street do you live on?"

"Concord." all of us answered at once.

"Me too." Tamani said.

"Looks like we have a new friend!" Riley shouted then got shushed by the manager.

"Okay, let's go before Riley gets us kicked out." Kris said while Riley pouted.

Once we all got into the car Jenna asked, "So your parents don't mind you spending all this time away from them?"