CHAPTER 36

Cole's P.O.V

Ashton layed on the couch for hours. My leg tapping away on the floor the entire time. Shane sat on his phone on the kitchen table. It was around 4:00 when Ashton began to stir.

"Mmm...where am I." He mumbled and tried to sit him self up only to face plant back on the couch. Shane got up from the table to help sit him up. "Alright there you go." Shane said as Ashton was now upright.

Shane sat on the chair in the middle of the two couches. "So who wants to start." He said firmly waiting for one of us to start talking. I sighed and sat up straight. "How long have you been using." I said. Ashton looked up, his eyes showed that he would rather be dead than having to talk about this. "Since I was 13." I nodded. And looked up at the ceiling. I wasn't going to cry. "O.k do you sell." Ashton shook his head. It was quite for a minute till Shane spoke up.

"What about you Cole how long." I looked up at Shane with wide eyes. "This isn't about me" I said with a cold voice. Shane looked at me his eyes filled with pity. "Cole we need to know if where going to help you." I looked down. "Started when I was 12 and stopped about 2 moths after y'all adopted me, nothing since."
Shane had tears in his eyes. "You could have told me or Joey why did you keep it to yourself."

I shrugged. I was fine now so it doesn't matter. Right. "I'm O.K." Shane nodded then turned to Ashton. "You. I thought you had stopped." I looked at Shane. "You knew!" I yelled at him. How could he not tell me. Shane nodded. "I caught him smoking a while back but he told me he would stop. I believed him." Ashton looked up and with tears in his eyes he spoke.

"I'm so sorry Cole I just...good I'm so sorry I don't want to loose you  just please your the only thing holding me together." I burst into tears god I loved this stupid annoying boy. "I know I love you please just you have to stop. Please for me." I sobbed
Ashton looked lost. "I- I do t think I can." He chocked out. Shane looked over to me then back at Ashton, he put his hand on his knee. "Why not." Ashton shook his head as tears poured down his face. He closed his eyes as if it was a dream he could just wake up from. Shane squeezed his knee. "Come on buddy you have to tell us."  Ashton took a breath as if he was grasping for air. "It just helps I don't know." Shane kept pushing. "With what."
Ashton looked as if he would throw up. "Just with everything my life sucks, my dad hates me and I just...can't." The last part came out as a weak wisper and Shane looked at me lost on what to do next.

My head was racing, Ashton was amazing why would he ever even think that he was Less than. 
A thought popped into my mind and I jumped up off the couch.
"Ashton roll up your sleeves now." Ashton's eyes widened and I knew I was spot on. I grabbed Ashton's arm and rolled up his sleeve to see mutiple cuts on his wrists.

"No. Ashton you look at me." I grabbed his face in my hands. "You are nothing less that perfect. You are beautiful, you are stunning, you are sweet and kind and those damn brown eyes stole my heart. I would hate to be the fool that thinks anything different. Your everything I could have wished for and your mine so don't go killing yourself because you be up in heaven with me standing right next to you Ok?"
Ashton nodded and pulled me over to my couch. "I love you so much...thank you." He wispered hiss voice cracking. I pulled him into a kiss and he gripped my hair to pull me closer.

"O.K. that's enough" Shane inturupted. I smiled at Ashton as he got off of me.