-eight-

08 | Confused

You shouldn't care about Eunha. Her father killed dad.

But every time he sees her, his heart sinks because he can't get the images of her crying alone in the bathroom out of his head. He groans in frustration, running his fingers through his dark hair.

"Stop caring about her, Wonwoo. You hate her", he mumbles, looking into the night sky. He rubs his temples, walking over to the book shelf to pull out a book before going over to his pillow, pulling out his case which contained his gold round glasses. He puts them on, curling up in bed as he tries to read himself to sleep. It is 1:30 AM and he hasn't slept yet, plus he has this super important meeting in the morning that can affect his company in a big way and then he has to go eat lunch with another important business CEO at 12:15.

"Won...Wonwoo?"

He groans, upset that he has to close his book that he was already 20 minutes into just to see who was at the door.

"What is it?", he asks rudely, taking off his glasses.

"Nevermind", Eunha rolls her eyes, turning around to leave the room. Wonwoo scrambles out of bed and catches up to her, unknowingly grabbing onto her wrist and spinning her around. Shocked by his actions, she quickly looks up at him with a confused face.

"Why are you awake this late? It's almost 2 in the morning and you have your first day of work tomorrow", Wonwoo asks quickly, as if he were mad at her for staying up late. "And are you okay? That man was being a pervert and--"

"It's not like you care", she scoffs, looking away from him. Wonwoo gets taken aback, trying to remember that he hates her. Although his head keeps on saying this over and over again, his heart and lips say otherwise.

"I do care, Eunha. Tell me"

"No you don't—"
"I do now, so tell me before I stop caring", he says seriously, gazing into her grey eyes. She chews on her lower lip, looking down at her feet.
"I'm fine, Seungcheol saved me", she states, looking into his eyes.

"And why are you up so late?", Wonwoo asks again, trying to sound softer. Eunha shrinks, breaking eye contact with him and staring down to the floor, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm....I'm just scared for tomorrow. Truth be told I'm afraid of cameras...and reporters"

"Then why did you decide to become one?", he asks. Eunha chuckles bitterly, taking Wonwoo's hand off of her wrist and looks up at him.

"I really don't know why. What human decides to become something that she's utterly scared of? A stupid one", she smiles tightly, chuckling again. "But I think I could fall asleep so don't worry about me."

She walks away from him while holding onto her elbows, opening up her bedroom door.

"Are you sure that's it?", he asks softly, his shoulders drooping down. She turns around, smiling tightly again. She opens her mouth then closes it, hesitant on answering.

"That's...that's it", she replies, her smile fading. "And I think you look good with your glasses. Night", she waves, closing the door behind her. Wonwoo stands in front of the door, his head and heart confused about what Eunha just said to him.

She just...complimented me.

"Heol, what's happening to me?"

☼☽

Pulling up to the building, Eunha feels her heartbeat speed up as the car stops.

I don't think I can do this.