-six-

06 | Weight of Words

"Do me a favor and wait here in the lobby and do not leave me here because if you do, I will kill you", Eunha looks at him, giving him a threatening look.

"If you killed me, I think it would be better than to be in the same room as you", he scoffed, crossing his arms. She clicks her tongue, flicking his forehead. "Ow! Why did you do that?"

"Because you're being a jerk so I get to do that. Now stay here unless you want me to run you over with your car", she walks down the hall with the other people who also aspire to be reporters, not looking back at him. She takes a deep breath, closing her eyes as she heads into the first test-- intelligence and common sense.

Let's prove him wrong, Eunha.

☼☽

The last test: debating. You see, you have to be able to have your own twist when reporting while still relaying the truth, trying to show the public that your view is the correct one amongst your opponents. You need to be able to prove your statement with the little amount of information you could have, trying to make it have as much truth but spice in it as possible.

"Alright everyone, please take your seats. We will be starting the debate about a certain news topic from a while ago. Be fierce with your fellow trainees, think of them all as your enemy. We want to see what you have and only the best will make it. Right now, there is not room for soft-heartedness or pity, be strong if you want to be in EJS", the chief said, turning on the projector. All heads shift to the other side of the room, focusing on the news report in front of them. Eunha's eyes suddenly goes dark, her heart pounding as she grits her teeth.
No, not her. Not this.

Breaking news! Nine fire fighters and Mr.Jeon died in tragic explosion in Mr.Jeon's factory! Chief Kim Seongyoo's nowhere to be found and perhaps in hiding!
One of the workers Moon Ilhyun told police that he said that only one person was in the building, but Seongyoo carelessly went in with his crew of nine with no directions given which caused the nine men to die because of an hydrogen tanks that were there that then caused an explosion. Seongyoo, coincidentally was nowhere to be found and was the only one who was said to be alive by reported sightings. Is he hiding from police?
"Where is that man?! That devil! He killed my son!"
"He...he killed my fiancée!"
"He's a murderer!!"
"M-my....my father died in his hands..."

Now here is an interview with his children:
"Our father didn't kill those men! He is an admiral man and has never wanted to hurt his men in his entire life! Now let me and my little sister go to school!"
'But he hid, didn't he? Don't you think that's an awful thing to do? He abandoned his men!'
"...My dad would never leave his men behind...he died with them. He treated them like us, like his own children. He would take them out to eat meat once a month with us as a reward for their hard work, he would celebrate one of his men's birthday by giving him some extra cash to go and buy drinks, my father is the type of man to come home to his wife and kiss her cheek and hug my older brother and I. Yoo Dalpo, born July 18 and is allergic to fish; Il Wooseo, born March 4 and is allergic to nuts; Lee Youngseok, born December 1 and is allergic to eggs. Do you want me to continue? Because I can and you know why? I knew all of them by heart and treated them like family just like my father did! My father never left them to die, but died with them like a good and loyal man!"
'But he didn't die with them, am I correct?'