Lucky me

*Niall's P.O.V.*

 It's dark. Really dark. Other than Ella sobbing it is silent with the occasional sound of Luke and his friends discussing what they should do with us from the other room. Ella mutters the words 'they're going to kill us' under her breath repeatedly. I don't even know how to comfort her right now. I can't tell her that we will be fine because right now I can't see that happening.

As soon as we got to their little 'hang out' area they knew we were here. There wasn't even a point in trying to sneak our way in because they have cameras all around the derelict building they call home. Apparently they have all been living here since Danny went to the mental home and they were on their guard because they were worried Lola might snitch on them and tell the police about all of their dodgy business. When we parked up they surrounded us, laughed in our faces, hit Ella for telling me where they were and then threw us into a dark empty room. They didn't hit me at all. They knew seeing Ella getting hurt would bother me more.

"She's outside and she's brought people with her. What shall we do?" I hear a deep voice from the next room say. I know Ella heard it too because she has stopped crying and put her ear against the stone wall. I don't know if 'she' is Lola. If it is then she would be in a wheel chair and should still be in hospital recovering. I hope they aren't talking about Lola because if they are talking about her then she is in more danger and it is my fault.

"Bring them in." I hear Luke say and a door opens and then re shuts. I feel for Ella's hand and grab onto it. She squeezes my hand so hard it feels like the blood circulation might stop.

"Get your dirty hands off of me I can walk with out your help." We hear and me and Ella both look at each other at the same time. It's Lola. Before we even have a chance to worry a door flies open and me and Ella are dragged out of the room. Blinded by the light we stagger to our knees with Lola and the others in front of us and Luke and his friends to our side. Ella goes to run to Lola but she is held back by a tall guy with  huge muscles. She squirms in attempt to get out of his grips but it doesn't work.

"Lola." I say in shock because she is standing fine and doesn't seem to be in any pain. She casts me a weak smile before I'm pulled back by Luke.

"Let them go. Luke you know that if I wanted to I not only have the power to send you down to prison for a long time but if I told one of your 'business' partners the truth of how you screw them over constantly you would be as good as dead. I'm not scared of you any more Luke. You have tried to kill me how many times now? Exactly. I'm stronger than you think so maybe you should just face the fact that I have the upper hand here mate so let them go." Lola says holding her head high. I'm proud of her for being so strong about all of this even if she shouldn't be here and she should be resting. Luke shoots the guy who's holding onto me and Ella a look and instantly we are let go of.

"Ella!" Harry shouts and Ella runs into his arms. Harry kisses the top of Ella's head as she hugs him tightly. I walk over to Lola and she grabs onto me.

"Don't you ever go after Luke again, do you understand?" She whispers into my ear as she squeezes me.

"And don't you ever scare me like that again, do you understand?" I mimic and she nods as she hides her head in my neck. I can feel tears fall onto my shoulder which I assume are tears of joy because after all of this there is a happy ending.

"Bye." Luke says walking us out of the building. He seems too fine with this. We get to the door and Luke says goodbye again.

"Are you fucking serious?!" Lola shouts as Luke slaps her arse. I spin around and punch him in the face as hard as I can. Danny may have been fine with his sleazy friends smacking his girlfriends arse but I'm not. No one gets to touch my girl like that. Luke staggers backwards but then comes charging at me. He punches me making my lip bleed but I act like it doesn't bother me and punch him again.

"Stop!" Lola screams getting in between us. She pushes us away from each other and tells the others to leave and wait in the car. I can feel my lip throbbing and my mouth tastes of metal.

"Oh no that's right Lola you don't have the upper hand. I do. Here's how it's going to work. You are going to tell the police that you made all that stuff up about Danny and you want to drop any charges. If you don't I promise you next time me and your boyfriend here will do a little bit more than play fight." Luke says with a fake smile plastered over his smug face. Lola's expression drops and she takes a step back. Shit.

"F-f-fine." She stutters as she hangs her head. Luke hands her the phone and she dials the 3 numbers.

"It's Lola Belcher. I would like to revoke my previous statement about Danny Baker...no I am sure...I am completely aware that this means he will be released. Ok thank you goodbye." She says solemnly and then hangs up. Luke grins as she hands the phone back to him and he shows us out.

"Goodbye! Oh and Lola...see you soon." He says winking at her as she climbs into the car. Liam immediately drives out of the car park whilst Lola starts to sob into the palm of her hands and I just sit there watching. There isn't anything I can do to comfort her. She probably hates me now, after all this is all my fault. I went after Luke. I hit him first and yet she's the one who is having someone she is terrified of coming back into her life.  I rub her back in comfort but she flinches as I touch her.

"What happened? Lola, honey, are you ok?" Mia asks but Lola just cries more at the thought. I explain to them everything that happened and once I'm done the car is filled with silence. No one knows what to say. Through out the rest of the journey no one says anything and the car is silent apart from when Lola would sniffle after trying to stop crying. Liam drops me and Lola off first and she gets out of the car straight away and walks up to the house with out saying goodbye to anyone.

"Are you guys coming in?" I ask in hope that they would say yes. Ella and Mia probably know what to do more than me right now and I know they know more about Danny as well so maybe they should be with her.

"No, sorry but for now she needs time for it to settle. We'll come around in the morning tomorrow and see if she's ok. For now though just make sure she has an early night and if she wants you too then comfort her and keep her company." Ella tells me. I nod and say my good byes and then walk up to the house. The front door is still wide open and all of the lights are still off. It's not light nor dark but Lola would have normally turned the lights on by now. I look around the living room but she isn't in here. I hear footsteps from upstairs so I go up into mine and Lola's room. Lola has changed into my light grey sweatpants and her black vest. She walks over to the curtains and shuts them then dives into bed and hides herself under the thick duvet.

"Baby I'm sorry this is my fault I shouldn't have hit Luke or gone after him." I say feeling awful. She peeps out from the blanket with her hair all messy in her face and her mascara smudged.

"I-I-it isn't your fault. L-Luke would have done anything to get me in that situation anyway." She stutters as she takes in shallow breaths to try and calm herself down. I crawl into the bed and hug her as she begins to cry into my chest.

"Just as things were going right. I hadn't worried about Danny in ages but I suppose something's are just too good to be true. You do realise he will come after me, right?" She says and my heart sinks. No one deserves to feel as if being happy and not having to watch your back is too much to ask for. I hug her tighter and kiss the top of her head repeatedly.

"He can come. I will be by your side through it all baby. Me and you forever." I tell her.

"And always." She finishes and presses her lips against mine. How could any one want to harm such an innocent, kind and loving person? We haven't been together for long but already I've fallen head over heels for her and everyday I love her more. Danny must have been crazy to let her go.

Lola entwines our fingers as she stops hugging me and turns around. She can never stay still when she first gets to sleep. I pull her body into mine, so that her back is pushed against my chest, to stop her from moving so much and I put my arm around her while keeping her hand in mine. I remind her that I love her one last time before she falls asleep and she smiles, whilst keeping her eyes shut, and tells me that she loves me too. Danny can come if he wants but no one is laying a finger on my princess.