Lucky me (Niall Horan Fan fiction)

"Yeah I was thinking about leaving early too." He replies.

"Really? why?" I ask. Why would he want to leave early?

"Because Danny payed me a visit so I'm leaving tonight instead." Why didn't he tell me? Why didn't he call me? Was he going to leave without saying goodbye?

"Did he do anything?"I ask him.

"Wanna come over and help me pack I'm leaving in 2 hours." He asks avoiding the question.

"Sure I'll get Mia to come with me -oh Sam?"I add.

"Yeah?"

"Is your throat hurting?"I ask him. His voice sounds croaky and I was I'll a few weeks ago with similar symptoms.

"Yeah." He replies.

"Hehehe you got my bug!" I laugh at him and he laughs too. What am I going to do without my Sam? Most people would be pissed if they got ill but not him he just laughs it off.

"Anyway I better leave now to get Mia, see you soon!" I say.

"Bye!" He replies.

Niall offers to take me and Mia to Sam's as it's getting dark but I tell him not to worry as they both live near anyway. As I go to walk out the door Niall pushes it shut and stands in front of it.

"Niall move I'm going now!" I say giggling.

"Ermmm no your not you didn't say goodbye!" He gives me a cheeky smile and leans down to kiss me. I wipe it away, duck under his arm and leave while laughing at him.

"I'll get you back for that!" He shouts as I walk down the street. I turn around and look at him.

"Bring it on, Horan! I bet you won't!" I shout back and continue to walk. When I get to Mia's she's on time and completely ready for once. I notice mascara running down her face.

"Mia?" I ask sounding worried.

"I'm such an idiot man!" She says wiping away the tears.

"I'm gonna miss our Sam." She continues. Mia never cries so I don't know what to do. I hug her and put my arm around her shoulder as we walk down the street to Sam's. When we get to his house his door is open. Why?

"Sam?" I called out but got no reply. My heart starts to pound against my chest. I feel like it's going to burst with fear for Sam. I walk in slowly like a spy with Mia closely behind me and tip toe into the living room. None of the lights are on but the tv is. Sam's sofa faces the tv but I see his hair and my heart calms down.

"Sam! You gave me a heart attack!" I say walking around the sofa. I look at Sam and see his mouth bound shut and terror in his eyes. The door slams behind me. I can't see Mia anywhere it's too dark. Then I see it. Everything becomes clear now. Danny has Mia in his hands holding her mouth shut as she kicks and screams at him. No. This is too far. Not Mia. Not Sam. I run to Danny and jump at him pushing all three of us to the wooden floor. Me and Mia land on him and he lands flat on his back. Mia and I jump up. I push her back and she goes round the sofa and tries untying Sam. It's just like in the films only I don't have a knight in shining armour to save me, but I do have Mia and Sam. Danny gets up and towers above me.

"Ohh my throats hurting." He says mimicking the voice from the phone call. I'm so stupid.

"Lola!" Mia shouts sounding scared. I turn and look at her.

"Call an ambulance!" She shouts sounding terrified. I feel my pockets. My phones gone. I see it on the floor but it's too late. Danny has too. He grabs it and puts it in his pocket.

"Nope. Not gonna happen lollipop." He says. Lollipop is what he used to call me when we dated. It never used to be like this. It was once good. We were all friends. What changed? Why? I get lost in thought and Danny uses this as an opportunity he grabs me by my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"Now you listen here I'm in control not you so shut up and come with me. If you do I'll leave your friends to call an ambulance as Sammy boy is pretty badly hurt if not then you can try your luck. Even if you manage to escape Sam over there will be dead before you get the phone as I'm not going down with out a fight so your choice Lolli. What's it going to be?" He whispers in my ear. All I can think about is Sam. Is he ok? What did Danny do? Why is he doing this?

"Fine." I say and he throws the phone to Mia and drags me towards the door. We get to the hallway and I hear Mia finish the call to the ambulance. I yank my arm out of Danny's grips and run up the stairs. He chases after me.

"You little bitch I'm going to get you for that!" He shouts. But I run faster than him and know this house just as well as I know my own. I run into the bathroom and lock the door. I pull the wash basket in front of the door and sit on it. He bangs and bangs at the door. Shouting. Swearing. Threatening. All of a sudden he stops. Silence fills the house. Then a hammer comes smashing through the door close to my head. I jump back and start to see Danny's face. I scream. He keeps hitting it constantly. The hole is almost big enough for him to fit through then he stops. I hear something hit the floor. I look through the gap and see Mia with a pan in her hand. I squeeze through the hole and hug her so tight. Both of our hearts racing. I look down at Danny and he starts to move. I grab Mia's wrist and run down the stairs. I go to the living room and I grab Sam and tell Mia to get out of the house. We get out of the house and hear sirens we run in their direction and the ambulance sees us and stops. We're safe. Everything's going to be ok.

They takes Sam out of my arms and when they do I scream. I think I'm going to be sick. What did Danny do? My body is drenched in blood. Sam's blood. I look down at him and his eyes begin to shut.

"Sam?"I say with tears in my eyes.

"Come one Sam stay awake. Come on babe. We're safe. It's going to be ok now. He can't hurt you now. The doctors are going to make you better just hold on." The lump in the back of my throat grows. Mia holds my shoulder to comfort me.

"Is he going to be ok?" I ask a doctor. He looks at me and looks back down to Sam and puts him into the ambulance.

"Answer me!" I scream through the tears. Mia takes my hand and steps into the ambulance. I do too. I sit on the seat and break down. Mia just sits there. Staring into space. I look at Sam and talk to him as if he's conscious because right now I'm not sure.

"It's going to be ok. Everything will be fine. The doctors will save you. I'm not letting you go. You can't leave me. Please Sam? Don't go."