Lucky me

*Niall's P.O.V.*

We call a cab to take us home. Lola hasn't had a lot to drink but I'd rather be safe and not let her drive.

"Niall the cab is here!" Lola calls from the door way. I turn around and face Mia again.

"Like I said Horan you pull a stunt like that again and I will kick your arse...or worse Ella's brother Jake will!" She says. I nod and walk over to Lola. I wrap my arms around her waist from behind and rest my head on her shoulder.

"How much have you had to drink?" She says giggling.

"I don't have to be drunk to hug my Lolli do I?" I ask. She kisses my cheek and slips out of my hands.

"The cab will leave!" She says to me strutting out of the house. She doesn't have to wear close fitting or short dresses to look hot, she just does it so effortlessly.

"She will leave with out you! She's not messing around." Sam says laughing at me as I watch her get in the cab.

"You don't hate me?" I ask him surprised. I know that he knows what happened, they tell each other everything. I thought he would try to kill me and to be honest it wouldn't be the first time.

"Everyone makes mistakes and let's be honest the girls have threatened you enough." He says. I thought Sam hated me. He acted like it on that holiday and now he's acting like we're friends? Well I'm not complaining I mean I know he's going to be apart of my life for as long as Lola is.

"Thanks mate." I say.

"Bye Niall!" Lola shouts from the cab waving at me from the window in the back. Sam wasn't exaggerating when he said she will leave without me. The car starts to move and I run over to it.

"Lola!" I shout and the car stops sharply. I run around it and sit in the back next to Lola who is laughing at me.

"You thought I was going to leave you!" She laughs making me screw up my face making her laugh more.

When we get home Lola is asleep with her face pressed up against the window like a child. I know I'm drunk but I don't want to wake her up. I gently shift her body towards mine and lift her up from her seat.

"£12 please." The driver says I hand him a £5 and £10 note and carry Lola to the house. She starts to stir and mumbles something in her sleep. I open the door and half walk half fall in to the house. Luckily Lola stays asleep. I carry her up the stairs and lay her carefully on the bed. I shut the door quietly and lay down next to her. I can't be bothered to get changed so I pull my top off and my jeans and hide my body underneath the duvet. I can't sleep.

"Lilly." Lola mumbles in her sleep making me laugh.

"Let's play on the swings." She says and rolls over. Suddenly she sits up and looks around, I don't know if she's awake or not.

"Niall?" She says softly.

"Yeah." I say.

"Is it just us?" She asks. What is she talking about?

"Yeah?" I say confused. She doesn't say anything so I just ignore it.

"You were talking in your sleep, who's Lilly?" I say laughing but I stop when I hear her sniffle. I prop my self up on my elbows. Why is she so upset I only asked? It was a joke.

"Lola?" I say and she moves her head to the side slightly so I can see her face better. The light from the moon beams on her face and I see a streak from a tear down her cheek.

"Lilly...I thought...Lilly was our baby. She was 5. Have you ever had a dream when you wake up and you don't know whether someone is gone or not and then when you realise they are..." she says but I wrap my arms around her before she can finish. I pull her onto my lap and hug her tighter.