Lucky Me (Niall Horan Fan fiction)

When we get to the hospital me and Mia are made to sit in a waiting room. I cry my heart out. Just as the ambulance pulled up Sam's heart stopped. The sound of the heart monitor keeps replaying in my head. Mia went to go and get us something to drink about 15 minutes ago as she said she could just sit there. I don't want to lose Sam. I love him. He's like my brother. Suddenly I feel a pair of warm arms wrap around me and I look up. It's Niall. I grab onto him and hold him like I never want to let go.

"How did you know?" I whispered in his ear.

"Mia." He replies. He pulls away and to be honest I'm disappointed.

"Where is she?" I ask him as I wipe away my tears.

"With Zayn getting coffee." I give him a confused look.

"I was at Zayn's when she told me so he took me here I thought he could help comfort you two." He says shrugging and sitting down next to me.

"Is he going to be ok?" He asks suddenly becoming serious. I shrug my shoulders and feel my eyes water again at the thought of Sam fighting for his life. Niall lifts my chin up and kisses me gently. He pulls away and wipes away the tears.

"He'll be ok, I promise." He whispers.

"How can you be sure? This is all my fault!" I cry even harder.

"I have a feeling and babe this isn't anyone's but Danny's fault! Don't say that!" He says. A nurse walks over to us after about 5 minutes have gone by.

"Lola?" She asks. I look up at her and get up.

"I have good news and bad news..." She starts.

"The good news is that Samuel is alive." I want to correct her. He hates being called Samuel he'd go mental if he heard.

"But...the bad news is that due to the amount of blood he lost he slipped into a coma. I'm sorry but when don't know if or when he will wake up." She says. I shake my head.

"No. No he isn't. He's fine. He's ok. He's going to be fine. He's not going to die! He's going to be ok! No. No." My voice starts to trail off and I start to cry and slowly break down in the floor of the corridor.

"I'm sorry miss I really am." She says and walks off. I go to pull her back and hit her. She didn't even sound like she gave a shit but Niall pulls me back. He wraps his arms around me as I continue to cry. He puts his arms around my waist and looks at me. I begin to hit his chest repeatedly.

"You lied. You told me he would be fine. You said it will be ok." I wasn't even hitting him hard just weakly slapping at his chest.

"I'm sorry." He says and I see tears in his eyes. He's only met Sam once and it's even hurting him.

After about five minutes I'm all cried out. I hear giggling and look up and see Mia and Zayn.

"Lola?" Mia says probably because all the colour has been drained from my face.

"Mia...it's not good. He's in a coma-" I begin but I'm interrupted by her bursting into hysterical cries. I've never seen her like this.

"I thought he was going to be ok," she started.

"He's going to be fine!" I say trying to reassure both her and myself.

"No Lola! While one of my best friends was fighting to stay alive and slipped into a coma I was laughing and enjoying myself. I knew that he was here and I still acted like nothing was wrong!" She shouted whilst tears streamed down her face. Zayn rubbed her back.

"Even if you were here crying your eyes out it wouldn't help Sam. You'd just make yourself more tired and that's not good." He says comforting her. She looks up at him and he kisses her on the forehead. I turn to look at Niall and weakly smile at him because our two best friends just kissed. I rest my head on his shoulder and start to drift off.