lucky me

*Lola's P.O.V.*

I open my eyes but my eye lids seem so heavy. Great. Again I end up in a hospital. Mia is sobbing into the palms of her hands whilst Zayn is staring at the wall ahead of him. Harry seems to be constantly moving as if he's nervous and Louis is comforting Liam about something. Everyone looks distressed and each of them are covered in small cuts and bruises. I look around the room but Niall and Ella are no where to be seen.

"Mia..." I call out but my voice sounds husky and my head hurts from the noise. I shut my eyes again and the bed sinks slightly as  someone sits down next to me. Mia throws her body at me and squeezes me as tight as she can.

"Stop it...Mia get off you're squashing my legs." I say laughing and Mia sits up straight away and looks at me shocked. I look around the room and everyone is staring at me. I have no idea what is going on. Is it something I said?

"Lola you can feel your legs?" Louis says ginning and letting out a sigh of relief. I nod my head slowly. Obviously I can feel my legs? Why wouldn't I? I look down at my legs, which are  hidden under the blanket, and then back up to Louis.

"Am I missing something? Where's Ella and Niall and why does everyone care about my legs?" I ask confused and Mia explains to me that there was a high chance I was going to be paralyzed but she ignores the question about Niall and Ella. Wait what if Niall and Ella were hurt too? I mean I remember seeing them when we got out of the car but maybe they were hiding their injuries too. Maybe the car exploded and something happened. My heart races as different scenarios run through my head.

"Where are Niall and Ella?" I repeat sturnly. Mia looks back to Zayn and he nods his head. If someone doesn't tell me now then I will find out myself.

"When they found out that you might have been paralyzed Niall was furious. He decided that Luke can't get away with hurting you like that so he went after him," Mia says and my heart starts to thud.

"Ella wouldn't let him go by himself because he barely knows Luke let alone where he would be and how to not get caught so she insisted on going with him." Harry finishes. I look at them blankly. How can they let them go after him after seeing what he is capable of? They can be in serious trouble by now whilst we are just sitting here talking as if nothing is wrong with that plan.

"You let them go?" I ask still trying to comprehend how or why no one stopped them. I know Harry can be very over protective when it comes to Ella so I don't understand why he would let her go. They should all know what will happen if Luke catches them. We saw what happened today and yet people seem not to realize how dangerous this could be.

"I d-don't know why. I wasn't thinking. I-I in fact we were so worried about you that we wasn't really thinking straight. This is all my fault. What if they're hurt?" Harry says stuttering whilst he bites his nails. I can see the tears in his eyes which he is trying to hold back. I know how worried he is about them.

"Harry it's not your fault but we need to get to them and quick." I say and he nods. I go to move to give him a hug but a shooting pain runs through my back making me let out a quiet whimper. Harry rushes over to me to see if I'm ok whilst Mia goes to get a doctor. Liam gets up and sits on the end of my bed looking worried.

"Lola." Doctor Hodge says whilst rushing into my room. I roll my eyes because I know I'm going to get a lecture and that's the last thing I need right now.

"Before you say anything I'm fine. The pain has stopped and I need you to do me a favour." I tell him before he even gets a chance to say a word. I know he isn't going to like what I'm going to ask him to do but I need him to do this for me.

"What is it?" He asks dubiously as he sits down on the chair by the bed.

"Discharge me. Now. I know you can get in trouble for it but Niall and Ella need our help and I know Luke better than anyone. Please. Before you tell me it's too dangerous I know what I am doing and Ella and Niall have gone after him so I need to get to them now before Luke does anything. You know what he is capable of and I need to make sure he doesn't hurt them." I tell him and he bites the bottom of his lip whilst he thinks about it. I know he isn't happy at the thought because he can get fired for not doing his job properly and because my back proberbly isn't healed enough yet but I don't care. This is their lives that Luke could be messing with.

He comes over to me and starts to take the drip out of my arm.

"Lola be careful ok? You can't afford to lose anymore blood because you're not meant to come off of it yet but I know that even if I don't discharge you, you will walk out anyway. The morphine will wear off soon which means you may be in a lot of pain and it will be uncomfortable and hard for you to sleep. But promise me you'll stay safe?" He says and I smile up to him. I can't promise that I will because honestly I would do anything to keep them two safe. In fact I would do anything for any of my friends; they're the closest thing I have to a family right now.

Liam goes off to sign my papers whilst Louis meets Eleanor down stairs because supposedly earlier she went to get me a change of clothes and their car for when we had to leave. She hands me one of her baggy tops and some leggings. I thank her and then run to the bathroom to put them on. By the time I get back everyone is ready to leave.

"So once you've dropped me off meet us back at Louis', yeah?" I ask but Mia just raises her eyebrows. She isn't coming. I know she's going to try but I'm not risking her getting hurt too.

"Lola you're not going on your own. I'm coming with you." Mia says folding her arms. She isn't going. She has no choice.

"Zayn tell her. It's too dangerous." I say. I know Zayn cares about her a lot so he will talk some sense into her.

"Mia she's right it's too dangerous for you two to go against Luke and his little gang of crooks," Zayn says and Mia hits his arm for telling her no.

"Thats why we're coming too." He adds. I look over to them as they all smirk as if they have defeated me. I don't need their help. I can do this by myself. I just don't want more of my frieds getting hurt.

"So Lola whats the plan?" Louis asks.