Lucky Me (Niall Horan Fan fiction)

Lola P.O.V.

I pull on a baggy top and some skinny jeans and walk over to Sam.

"Where's Mia and Zayn?" I ask because I didn't think that they went to pick up Eleanor with Louis.

"They went into the bathroom about 10 minutes ago." Sam says and everyone laughs at the thought of what they might be doing in there.

"Go on Zayn!" Harry shouts.

"Are you guys alright in there?" I say giggling as I walk towards the door.

"Yeah thanks." I hear Zayn say. I hear sniffling as if someone is crying.

"Can I come in?" My voice changes to serious as I want to check that they are ok.

"Only you." Zayn says. When the boys aren't looking I sneak in. I see Mia and Zayn sitting on the tiled floor and Zayn has his arm around Mia while she is staring into space. At first I thought she was lost in thought or something.

"I just had a call from the police." Mia said still staring at the wall. I sit down in front of them.

"Sam's mum started drinking again when she first heard Sam was in a coma. That's why she didn't come to visit. They tried to call her to let her know that he woke up but she didn't answer. An hour ago they found her passed out on the curb of a road." She says. Sam's mum used to be an alcoholic. He used to come to school with new cuts and bruises almost daily. He would never admit that it was his mum. He would tell us things like I just fell over. It's when his mum got better that he stopped 'falling over' and told us what would happen. How his mum would drink to the point that she couldn't stand on a regular basis so his dad left. This made her get worse and drink more and then blame it all on Sam and abuse him for it. One night she got even more drunk. She screamed even more. Sam argued back. She went mad and hit him and he fell backwards hitting his head on the marble counter and knocked him out. That was the last time she drunk.

"Does Sam know?" I finally ask. Mia shakes her head.

"Good and that's how it's staying." I say getting up. Mia is normally the strong one. The one we depend on. But this time she isn't so it's time for me to step up.

"But don't you think-" Zayn started but I interrupted him.

"No. It's just more stress which means he may not recover or he won't go to Leeds and be safe. He'll stay with his mum and he'll have to relive his childhood." I say and Zayn nods in agreement.

I walk out of the bathroom and put on a fake smile.

"So when's Lou getting back?" I ask.

"Any minute now." Liam replies.

"I was thinking maybe me and the girls go shopping and you boys stay here and do whatever you boys do." I say. I don't like being girly but I do like shopping.

"Sounds good." Sam says.

"Good plan!" Mia says coming from behind me.

"Lola!" Louis shouts running over to me.

"Lou!" I shout back and we squeeze each other.

"You must be Lola." Eleanor says giggling after me and Louis stop hugging.

"Yes and you must be Eleanor." I say as we hug each other. I love Eleanor even though we have never met each other and she doesn't know me. We all sit down and I tell her my idea to go shopping.

"Sounds great!" Eleanor exclaims.

"Can Ella come?" Mia asks.

"Up to Eleanor." I say smiling.