Chapter 28

Maddie's POV

"First day tomorrow! You excited?" Kate asked me as I got into bed and she sat down next to me. "I think so. Just nervous for a new school." I answered her.

"Oh don't be nervous. Your friends are gonna be there with you, and I'll bet you make a ton of new friends." Kate told me.

I was a tiny bit nervous for a new school, mostly because I had been at my old school for so long. I knew all the other girls at Miss Caroline's went to the same school and I could just find one of them. Now, I know next to no one.

"Come on. Your gonna be the prettiest girl in class with that new outfit we got you, plus you have all your stuff prepared. Your smart, kind, pretty. You'll be fine." Kate assured me. I smiled and thanked her.

"I'll see you in the morning." Kate said as she kissed my forehead. "Goodnight, I love you." She said as she got up and went to my door. "Love you too." I said as she closed my door halfway.

***

I had my bookbag clutched to my chest as we pulled up in front of my new school. "Alright Miss Third Grader, here we are! Do you have your lunch?" Kate said. I nodded and showed her my lunch bag.

I pulled my bag onto my back as I brushed down my blue skirt. I felt really pretty in my school outfit, Kate said it definitely matched my style and personality.

 I felt really pretty in my school outfit, Kate said it definitely matched my style and personality

"Don't forget you ride the bus home. Have a good first day." She said as we hugged. "Thanks Kate. You too." I tell her as I get out of the car. "I love you!" Kate calls out as I get on the school sidewalk to the building. I wave goodbye and she goes off down the road to the high school.

I go into the building and find my classroom quickly. I remember that Miss Beckett's room is close to the library. I enter the classroom and see that there are only three other kids and Miss Beckett in the room. "Hi! I'm Miss Beckett! Just find the seat that has your name on it." She said when I enter.

I nod my head and go to find my name. When I do, I get happy cause I sit next to Jaycee from dance and Peyton sits behind me.  I sit down in my spot and set my bookbag and lunch bag on top of my desk and just look around. 

Peyton and Jaycee coming in together was what made my head turn.  They wave happily at me and I do the same.  They sit in their spots and we start talking.

"Ugh they're  in here?" Peyton muttered as a blonde and redhead came in the door.  "Who?" I asked.  "Lilly the blonde diva queen, and Meghan.  She's Miss I didn't do it." Jaycee groaned.  I made a note in my head to stay away from them.  I was the new kid.  I didn't want any trouble.

The bell rings and by that time everyone is in their seats and the classroom is full of chatter.  Miss Beckett calms the room and introduced herself to the whole room.  I barely know her, but I already know I'm gonna like her.  She seems really nice.

After the announcements, Miss Beckett says that we are gonna go around and tell about ourselves.  Kate's last name is Dawson, so I'm now at the beginning of the role call since they go by last names.  Peyton goes right before me and then it's my turn.

"My name's Madison Dawson, but I like to be called Maddie. I'm eight.  Umm, over the summer I got adopted so that's why I moved here and got a new school.  I like to sing, and I do competition dance." I say shyly. 

"Dream job?" Miss Beckett asks.

"I'm not sure.  Maybe be a professional singer like Taylor Swift?" I tell her.  She smiles and then says, "Thank you Maddie.  Any questions for Maddie?"

No one says anything so I sit back down.  "I'm adopted too." The boy next to me says.  "Really?" I whisper.  "Yeah, my step dad adopted me two years ago." He says.  I smile and then glance at his name tag in the desk, Trevor.

When Trevor does his introduction I find out we have a lot in common.  We both like sports, music, and movies!  Everyone else does theirs and I figure out why Peyton and Jaycee said that Lilly and Meghan were kinda bratty.  They even sound bratty and stuck up. 

The first half of the day was a lot if fun and normal stuff like figuring out where things were, and class rules.  Miss Beckett talked about herself too.  She said that she plays guitar and that caught my attention.  I've always wanted to learn guitar ever since Dana first started playing.

Soon lunch came and I made a bunch of new friends by then.  I ended up sitting with Jaycee, Peyton, Trevor, and then two of his friends that are in our class: Austin and Mackenzie.  I became friends with them too.

I was hoping to see Sabrina at lunch since I know her the best, but I didn't see her until recess and she made sure I was doing okay and nobody was messing with me.  Sabrina is considered one of the popular girls so she would make sure nothing bad happened.  I also saw Brooke, but only for a minute because she's in fourth grade.

The day went by really fast and before I knew it I wad going out to the parking lot to find my bus.  I needed a little help but I ended up finding it.  Turns out that Hayden from dance rides my bus too, so I sat with her.

When the bus pulled up in front of the house, Kate was standing outside.  I said goodbye to Hayden and got off and ran to Kate, giving her a huge hug. 

"So I take it that today was good?" She asked as we went inside.  I nodded and started telling her about my day.  I think this new school is gonna be awesome!

***
Hey guys!  So guess what?

TODAY IS MY WATTPAD ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

I'M so shocked that two years ago I made this account and I have all these stories with reads, votes, and comments.  All I can say is thank you all for supporting me and my books!

Tell me what you think of this, and what you guys think should happen.

Love you guys!  Thanks for two amazing years on Wattpad!