Chapter 10

Kate's POV

After being stuck in the going home traffic for an additional hour, I was getting close to home.  About twenty minutes and I'd be home.  I'd be home with Maddie.  I would no longer be calling it my home, but it was our home.  I glanced into my rear-view mirror and saw Maddie shifting around.  She was probably gonna wake up any minute, and it was a good idea for her to.  I wanted to see what she wanted for dinner.

I heard her groan softly from the back as her eyes started to flutter open.  "Hi, sweetie.  You awake?" I asked softly.  "Am now." she giggled as she fully awoke.  "How far away are we from your house?" she asked.  "About twenty minutes away.  You hungry?  We can get something to eat on the way there." I suggested.  I was shocked but happy when she said yes.  "What do you want?  There's a McDonald's, Taco Bell, Subway, and an In-n-Out." I told her, naming my common fast food stops.

"McDonald's is fine." she said.  The McDonald's was about five minutes away.  "Be thinking about what you want.  It's only five minutes away." I told her with a smile.  When I pulled through the drive through I ordered a wrap and Mads ordered a 10 piece chicken nugget thing.  And she ate the whole thing.  I didn't want it to show, but I was really happy.

By the time she was done, we were pulling down my street.  It was like an extended cul-de-sac and my house was closer to the end.  I took a deep breath as I pulled into my driveway.  I had her.  We were home.  "Well Maddie, this is is.  Welcome home." I said as I turned to her in the backseat.  She was smiling so big and just kept saying, "It's beautiful."

Maddie's POV

Maddie's POV

I was in awe of Kate's house.  It was beautiful.  I felt like I was gonna cry, I never had a real home or mom, and now I did.  Kate came around and opened my door for me.  I carried my duffel bag up to the door and when she opened the door, I let my jaw drop.  It was just as pretty on the inside as it was on the out.  "You wanna see your room?" Kate asked smiling.

I bit my lip and nodded.  This was going to be my room, not a room that I moved into after someone had left, not one I was required to share, my room.  "It's upstairs and my room is right down the hall.  This is a spare room.  I keep it nice for when my sister comes to visit.  And here's yours." Kate said as she took me upstairs and showed me each door.

The door was white and it had a sign on it that said 'Queen Maddie J'.  I giggled at the name, it sounded like some sort of rapper's name.  When Kate open the door, my face dropped into my hands.  Not much was done, but it was gorgeous.  Because it was my room.  "I love it." I told Kate as she hugged me into her side.  I was starting to cry, I was just so happy.

"I was thinking that this is just a basic set up for now, and we can go shopping and decorate together.  You like that?" she asked, banding down to my level.  I just nodded while I tried to stop smiling and crying.  "I was thinking we can go clothes and fun stuff shopping tomorrow or the day after, and then some online shopping for your room." Kate said.  "I'd love that." I said, still smiling like I won the lottery.

"So this where your bed is gonna be, once we get it.  This is your desk, and we can decorate it however you like, and then this is my personal favorite." Kate said leading over to the closet.  She pulled back the two sliding mirror doors and showed what was inside.

  She pulled back the two sliding mirror doors and showed what was inside

"That is so cool!" I said with shock.  "Thanks.  Found it on Pinterest and tweaked the idea a little." Kate said smiling.  I got confused.  "What's Pinterest?" I asked and raised my eyebrows.  "Something you'll learn about all in good time." Kate chuckled.  "So what do you wanna do now?" Kate asked still smiling.  "I don't know.  I'm just so happy." I giggled.  "How about a movie night?  We can watch a movie and then go shopping tomorrow?" Kate suggested.  "Sounds perfect." I replied.

"Alright then.  Let's go." Kate said and she bent down to my level.  "Come on, hop on." she said and turned her back to me.  I hadn't had a piggy-back ride since I was like five!  I got on her back and wrapped my arms around her neck.  When we went down the stairs we were both laughing, and each time we went down it felt like a speed-bump.

When we reached the living room, which I didn't see all the way, Kate set me down on her couch and sat next to me.  "Any idea for a movie?" Kate asked me.  I shrugged my shoulders, as I hadn't seen many.  "Here, how bout we watch my favorite.  Ever heard of The Princess Bride?  It's got a little bit of everything." Kate said.  "Heard of it, haven't seen it." I said.  "You'll love it." Kate said.

And man did I love it!  It had a ton of different stuff!  There was romance, action, adventure, everything.  In my eyes, the perfect movie.  The movie ended and I didn't even realize it was dark out, I was so intrigued with the movie.  I didn't even realize I was also really tired, until I let out a really big yawn.

"Ready for bed, sleepy?" Kate chuckled.  I nodded my head and had a sleepy smile.  "Okay, well, your room isn't fully set up as you saw so are you alright sleeping in my bed?" Kate asked.  I nodded my head as the full effects of being tired started to set in.  "Alright, come on Mads." Kate said and we went up the stairs together.

Since I didn't have any pajamas from the house (I left them there for the other girl's who might need them one day) Kate had me use one of her shirts.  "What does W-B-C-H mean?" I asked as I looked at the shirt's design.  It had those letters and a a picture of some sort of cat.  "Oh cause that's my school shirt.  I told you I was a teacher and that's the school I work at.  W-B-C-H means Wilmington Beach City High School.  And that's our mascot, the bobcat." Kate explained.  

"I'm gonna take my makeup off and get dressed, you can go ahead and lay down.  I'll be out in about five minutes." Kate said as she went into the bathroom connected to her room.  I got into her t-shirt and laid down on the right side of the bed.  I put my head on the pillow, and could feel my eyes start to try and close.

I winced and kinda woke up when a little light entered the room, but quickly left.  I tried to wake up and see what it was.  "It's okay.  It's just me.  Go back to sleep sweetie.  Goodnight." I heard whispered as the other side of the bed slightly weighed down.  And I wasn't protesting the sleep any longer.

***

OMG THIS BOOK IS RANKED AT #966 IN GENERAL FICTION!!!!!!

I never though this would happen and I am just so happy!  That's awesome guys!  So share this story with friends, read, vote, and comment so we can raise that number even higher!  WOO-HOO GO YOU GUYS!