Chapter 17

Maddie's POV

"Morning!" I chirped as I met Kate downstairs.  "Hey cutie, Happy Monday!" Kate said with a smile.  "Aunt Jess snores.  Loud!" I giggled.  "Yep, that's Jess for ya.  And it's 9:30 which means she should be waking up any minute.  And then we can go shopping for your very own, brand new, room!" Kate said and I smiled so big.  I was excited to get stuff for my own room today!

And like clock work, down came Aunt Jess. "Morning." She yawned. "Jess!" Kate said sternly. Aunt Jess looked down and realized what I was giggling at. "Ah crap." She muttered as she realized she was still in her hot pink underwear and tank top. "I'll be back." She said as she went back upstairs. "Ignore that and act like you never saw it." Kate said and I giggled.

Aunt Jess came back down, is time in actual clothes. "Morning princess." She said as she came over to me. "Hi Aunt Jess, you ready for today? We're gonna do my room!" I told her excitedly. "I sure I am ready! You wanna go get dressed Pajama Princess?" She said as she pointed to my blue pajamas that had a big 'M' on the shirt. "How bout Aunt Jess comes and helps you get ready?" Kate suggested.

I got a little nervous when she said that. "Uh, could you come?" I asked Kate. "Yeah, sure." She said as she got off the couch. We went up to my room and Aunt Jess said she would help me pick out my outfit. I was kinda nervous to be around her getting dressed. I was still nervous with Kate, but I knew her longer. I've known Aunt Jess for two days! I decided for my outfit to be simple. A blue and white romper with a brown belt.

 A blue and white romper with a brown belt

"I'll turn around." Aunt Jess said as I kinda looked at her before changing. I told her thank you and then quickly changed. "It's hot out, do you want me to put your hair up while Aunt Jess does her makeup?" Kate asked. I nodded and Aunt Jess left.

"Are you scared of Aunt Jess? You seemed fine yesterday?" Kate said. "I didn't want her to see me like that." I told Kate as she brushed my hair out. I didn't want her to see if I was fat or not. There are days I look kinda fat and I didn't know if today would be one of those days.  "Hey it's okay, you've got nothing to be ashamed of.  I'm sure she gets it." Kate told me as she put my hair in a high ponytail.

"Ready!" Aunt Jess said as she met us downstairs five minutes later.  "Wow, you've gotten your makeup routine down to ten minutes.  I'm impressed." Kate said.  Aunt Jess did look really pretty with that makeup on.  "I've been well schooled." She said sarcastically.  "I'm a cosmetologist so I work with makeup a lot." She explained.  "It's really good." I tell her.  "Aw thanks bud." She responded with.

We spent a good part of the day shopping for my new room.  I picked all the colors and decorations and wanted it to be just like my dream room.  Light purple walls, with my name in curly white writing, purple and white bedding and pillows, and then pink accents on the dressers and stuff.

"So what's first?" Aunt Jess asked when we got home, our hands loaded with bags.  "Painting." Kate said.  So we lugged the paint cans upstairs and covered stuff, though there wasn't much to cover.  "Do you need help?" I asked once they started.  "Actually if you can start putting the other stuff we bought in the hallway, that'd be awesome." Kate said.  I nodded and went outside to the car.

When I was trying to get one of the bags out, I saw a guy from across the street looking at me.  I stopped looking and decided to just try a lighter bag instead.  I didn't like him looking at me.  When I finally got the bag out, I turned around and that guy was in the driveway.  "Hey, what's your name?" He asked.  I started having a panic attack.  "Come here!" He yelled to me.  I closed the car door and tried to leave as fast as I can, but the bag ripped.  So I had to pick everything back up, and it was a bunch of little stuff.

"Your really pretty." The guy said and he sounded way closer.  I looked up and he was right next to me.  "Need help?" He asked, he looked gross and scary.  He placed his dirty hand on my shoulder and started rubbing it.  I started breathing heavy as he looked at me.  I decided to ditch the stuff on the driveway and go inside.  By the time I got back upstairs I was in tears.  "Kate!" I yelled for her.  "Hey...hey what's wrong?  Come here, what happened?" She asked as I cried in her arms.  "T-this guy was outside and he kept getting close and talking to me and then he touched me." I cried.

Aunt Jess was there to and she ran outside to see if the guy was still there.  "It's okay Maddie-Moo.  Where was he when you first saw him?" She said as she held me.  "Across the street at that house." I said as I pointed in the direction of it.  Aunt Jess came back up after I said that.  "He's gone.  I don't know where but he's gone." She said as she breathed heavy.  "No one lives at that house." Kate said nervously.  "You don't think he was..." Aunt Jess started.  "I don't know but I'm not taking chances." Kate said.

"Maddie, can you stay here with Aunt Jess?  I'm gonna call the police to make sure everything is okay.  I have a security camera in front of my house and maybe they can help find him." Kate said.  As she left Aunt Jess picked me up as I still was crying.  "Come on let's go downstairs." She said as she carried me out. 

We sat on the couch and she held me next to her.  "Shh, it's okay sweetie.  Your okay now.  If he ever tried to hurt you he'd have to go through us first." She said as she rubbed my back.  "He scared me bad." I whimpered.  "I know, but if he ever comes back, he won't walk right for a week." She said under her breath. 

"Police is on their way, they're gonna check my security camera from at least two weeks ago." Kate said as she came back.  "Kate, he won't come back right?" I asked timidly.  "Not while I'm standing." She promised.