Chapter 11

Kate's POV

I woke up around eight in the morning.  I rolled over to my left side and saw Maddie with her hair tangled around her face.  I smiled at her peaceful state, and carefully eased myself out of bed.  I went into my bathroom and woke myself up by splashing water on my face, accidentally getting some in my eye.  I pulled my hair to the side and put it in a braid, just to keep it out of my way for now.

I left my room and saw that Maddie hadn't even noticed me being gone.  I went down the stairs and tried to figure out what to make for breakfast.  Before I could think about it, my phone started buzzing in my bag that I left on the counter last night.  I reached in and fished for my phone until I found it.  

"Hey Jess." I answered.  "Hey.  I know it's early but you never called me last night." she said.  "Yeah, sorry.  We got stuck in traffic and we're both really tired." I told her.  "It's fine.  But, when can I meet my new niece?!" she half said-half squealed.  "I don't know, she's asleep right now.  And I wanna give her a few days to get settled in and used to things." I said.

"Alright, well I was just calling before I got on my flight." Jess said.  "Alright, well have a good time in New York!  I can't wait to see the pictures.  I'll see ya soon sis." I said.  "I'll send you pics, as long as you send me some.  I love you sis." she said.  "Love you too." I said and then we hung up.

I still had no idea what to make as I heard footsteps from upstairs that were starting to descend.  I looked up to the stairs and saw Maddie start to come down.  "Morning Maddie." I said as she found me.  "Hi." she moaned, still a little tired by the sound of it.  "You sleep good?" I asked her.  "Yeah, I guess." she answered.  "So, I didn't think ahead, and I don't have a whole lot for breakfast.  You wanna go out for breakfast before we go shopping?" I asked.  "I don't usually eat breakfast.  I'm not hungry in the morning." she said plainly.

"Alright, well we can get something later then." I told her.  I couldn't really argue with her since I didn't eat breakfast either.  Usually just coffee.  But she was a kid, she shouldn't skip meals.  "So like what do you do in the morning?" she asked.  I giggled by the randomness of her question and replied, "Well, during the school year it's coffee and watch the news for about a half hour, and then I go get ready and leave by seven.  But during summer, I usually just do waht I need to do.  If that means not getting out of my pajamas till noon, so be it." I chuckled.

She giggled and asked, "Well when are we gonna leave today?" "Um probably about an hour.  So you have time to shower, do you shower or take bathes?" I asked, unsure.  "Showers, but Miss Caroline always had someone wait in case I fell or something.  I only did once though, and it because there was soap on my foot " she answered.  "Okay, well then you'll have time to shower, get dressed, I can do your hair, and then we can leave." I told her.

I took her up to her room upstairs with the bathroom connected to hers.  I showed her where everything was and how to set the water temp, and then left her to it.  I went to the few pieces of clothing I had bought her and picked something out.  It was a pink tank top that said 'Bows Before Bros' in gold glitter and a pair of jean shorts.  I had a glittery bow that she could wear with it.  I left the clothes on her bed and went to get myself ready.

About fifteen minutes later, I was getting myself ready and I heard her water turn off.  I was getting dressed and had picked a pair of jean shorts and a white shirt that said 'Southern Sass and a Whole Lot of Class'.  I fixed my braid and then did a little makeup so I didn't look half asleep and sick.  When I finished I went back to Maddie to see if she was ready.  

I looked in her room and saw her in the clothes and struggling to brush her hair.  "Need help?" I asked as I entered.  "Kinda." she answered.  I took the brush and started to detangle her hair.  I put her hair in a ponytail and tied it off with the bow.  "There ya go." I told her.  "So you ready to go then?" I asked and Maddie nodded her head.  "Alright, let me get my bag and then we are good to go." I said as she started to put her shoes.

I went downstairs with her following behind me and I grabbed my bag.  I checked my phone and had an alert. 

'Your package has left headquarters.  It should arrive in three business days.' 

"Oh yes!" I quietly cheered.  "What?" Maddie asked from behind me.  "I ordered these aerial silks and their coming in a few days." I explained to her.  "What are those?" she asked.  "It's kind of like dancing on curtains.  I could show you sometime, or take you to one of the classes." I offered.  "That sounds cool." she said smiling.  "Alright well, you ready to go shopping?" I asked her.  

All I got was smiles and giggles.  And I was perfectly fine with that.