Chapter 14

Maddie's POV

I woke up the next morning and Kate was still with me. I remember she came in last night when the storm woke me up and scared me. I guess she stayed with me all night. She was awake and looked down at me when I moved. "Morning Maddie." she said. "Hi." I said as I moved off of her. "Did you just wake up?" Kate asked as she moved my hair from my face. "Yeah, how long were you up?" I asked. "Only about ten minutes." she said, shrugging it off.

"Wanna go eat breakfast?" Kate asked as she started to move. "Okay." I said. I wasn't really hungry, but I'd sit with her. We went downstairs and I sat down on the bar stool. "You want anything? I've got stuff to make smoothies." she suggested. Actually, a smoothie sounded really good. "I'll have a smoothie." I said. A few minutes later we were drinking our smoothies and not really talking.

"Oh, hey. I was thinking that tomorrow you could meet my friends and sister. Would you be okay with that? You'd meet the other kids, all my friends, and your Aunt Jessica." Kate said. "Yeah, that'd be okay." I told her. "Alright, well then today we're gonna wanna go get stuff for tomorrow. How about we go around noon, and while we're out we can get you signed up for dance." Kate said.

I started smiling really big when she mentioned dance. I could finally put the random skills I had to use! "Alright so probably just wanna shower and get ready in a little bit and then we can go." Kate said after we had both finished. I went up to my room as Kate said, "I'm gonna make a couple calls and get ready. I'm downstairs if you need anything." I nodded and continued up the stairs.

I went into the bathroom that connected to my room and took a shower. All the soaps and stuff smelt like strawberries, which happen to be my favorite smell! After I showered I wrapped myself in the smiley-face bathrobe I had gotten yesterday so I could pick out my outfit. I found one of the tank tops I had gotten and some leggings that kinda matched.

I should ask Kate if need to bring something to wear at the dance studio in case they want to evaluate me

I should ask Kate if need to bring something to wear at the dance studio in case they want to evaluate me. I went downstairs after I changed and found Kate in the living room working on something. "Hey Kate?" I asked. "What's up?" she said as she looked up. Do I need something else for dance in case they make me do stuff?" I asked her. "Oh yeah, because they did say they would evaluate you. So yes, bring something else and I'll put your hair up before we go." Kate said.

I went back up to my room and found a grey shirt that said 'Gotta Dance' and light blue shorts.

I decided to try a couple or moves and stretch, just so I could see what I could do

I decided to try a couple or moves and stretch, just so I could see what I could do. I did a back bend first, I knew I could do that. I then tried my splits, and I could get my middle and my left. Or maybe it was my middle and my right, I don't know. I'm bad with the whole left and write thing. After doing my middle splits, I moved my legs and curved them to touch the back of my head. I did a few more stretches and then Kate knocked on my door.

"Alright, you ready to go honey?" she asked as she came in. "Yeah." I answered.  We went back downstairs and went to her car.  I got in the backseat and Kate got in the front seat.  "So we'll go get you signed up first and then we'll get the food and stuff for tomorrow.  So nothing spoils in this heat, okay?" Kate asked as she pulled down her street.  I nodded and watched the world go by as we drove.

Kate's POV

I drove to my school and saw the dance studio across the street.  "Alright, here it is."  I told Maddie as I pulled into the studio parking lot.  "Wow it's big!" Maddie exclaimed and I smiled at her face.  She was in awe. I nodded and helped her out of my car. I handed her the bag with her dance clothes and we went up to the building.

"Hey Ty, Hi Chrissa." I said as I entered. They were past students of mine, seniors this upcoming year. "Hey Miss Dawson!  And who is this?" Chrissa asked as she leaned over the counter to look at Maddie.  "I'm Maddie." She answered shyly.  Ty looked at me and I mouthed "I adopted her."  to him and Chrissa.  "She's here to get a placement test.  She's gonna start dancing here soon." I explained.  "Awesome!  Maddie there's a bathroom there for you to change, and then you can come to the floor and we can get started!" Chrissa explained.

Maddie took the bag and went to the bathroom.  "When did you adopt her?" Ty asked.  "Couple days ago." I told him.  "God she's adorable." Chrissa said and I nodded in agreement.  Maddie came out and god she looked adorable.  "You ready?" Ty asked and then Chrissa took her to the floor.  I stayed back at the counter with Ty and watched them. 

"This is just what she knows on her own?" Ty asked, surprised.  "Yeah.  Pretty good huh?" I said.  "No kidding.  Look at her, she's almost got her aerial!" Ty said as he pointed to the room.  They had been in there for only about ten minutes and she was already impressing.  "She's gonna be a force.  I thinking of mini competition team for her." Ty said to no one in particular.

Forty five minutes later, the two of them came out of the studio.  "She can be placed on the mini competition team, the junior elites, or the mini showcase." Chrissa told me as they came back.  "Alright well that's up to her.  What do you think Maddie?" I asked her.  "What's the difference?" She asked.  "Mini competition, we go to about three competitions every month during competition season and there is a group dance and then solos, duets, and trios are given out.  The junior elites is just like the minis, but your with older people and its boys and girls.  And mini showcase, is like the competition team accept we just perform at different events.  Like at the schools and stuff." Ty explained.

"Mini competition." She answered with confidence.  I smiled at her and pulled her close to me.  "Great, you'll make an amazing addition.  Our competition season starts in November and goes to May.  So right around eight competitions a season, and there's a lot of practice into it.  Now, main competition season is over, but we do have one more small competition at the end of the month we like to go to just for fun.  Our first Summer rehearsal is next week, and here is a schedule right here.  Excited to have you Maddie!  You'll meet your instructor, Cambrie, when you come in." Chrissa told her.

I thanked them and left its Maddie.  "You excited?" I asked her and she nodded.  "Alright then let's go get set for this party tomorrow!" I said and she excitedly giggled as we left for the store.