Chapter 26

Maddie's POV

So far hanging out with Aunt Jessica has been awesome! We went out shopping and she bought me books, movies, music, and other fun stuff. I told her she didn't have to, but she insisted, so I went with it.

Also, Aunt Jessi has a dog! It's not a big dog, just a little one, but still she had a dog! The dog's name is Piper and she's so cute!

Today has also been so much fun! Aunt Jessica made pancakes and bacon for breakfast and then we went to the park and walked Piper. There was a band playing in the park so we stopped to listen to them for a little while before coming back.

Now, we were just kinda laying around doing nothing really. We had turned on the movie Hercules, but we were both only really paying half attention. I was doing a puzzle on the table while Aunt Jessi was working on hair and makeup for a show.

"Oh shit! Today's Saturday!" Aunt Jessi exclaimed out of no where. I whipped my head around since I heard her say the 's' word.

"Oh my gosh, Maddie I'm so Sorry! I just forgot that I have to upload a video tomorrow for YouTube and I don't have a video!" She chuckled as she apologized. "What video are you gonna do?" I asked her as I paused the movie.

"Good question..." she trailed off. Then she looked at her makeup book, then me, and it was like a light turned on for her or something. "Maddie, do you wanna do my makeup for a video?" Aunt Jessi asked.

I gasped and nodded quickly. I would love to do her makeup! "Awesome! Let's go then!" She said and we down the hall to her 'recording studio'. She had a lot of cameras and lights and different stuff.

"I'm gonna get this set up and then get one of my makeup cases." She said as she started opening a camera stand. "One of them?" I asked. "Honey, I have like five makeup cases. I have probably close to ten thousand dollars invested in just my makeup." She chuckled and my jaw dropped. She had that much?! But I guess she did use it at work for her job.

Fifteen minutes later we were doing the video. "Okay Maddie, we can kinda do whatever, and I'll just edit out parts later. Okay?" Aunt Jessica said. I nodded and she started the video as I stood next to her.

"Hello all my lovelies and thank you for stumbling upon this video! Today I have a super awesome guest, my niece Maddie." She started and I waved at the camera. "Maddie is eight years old and today she will be doing my makeup."

"And how much do you know about makeup Maddie?" Aunt Jessi asked me. "I know it goes on your face." I said as I shrugged my shoulders. "That's a good start. I'm putting a lot of faith in this kid, she has free range over an entire case of makeup. I have probably two thousand dollars worth of makeup in here."

Aunt Jessi started by showing me different products and giving me hints on where they go. I started with her face thing, concealer. "That's for blemishes, so where do you think it goes?" She asked. "Your whole face?" I asked, unsure. And she just busted out laughing! I wasn't sure what was funny but just started doing my best.

"So Maddie, is my sister, Kate's daughter.  Kate adopted Maddie a few months ago, and how do you like it so far Mads?" Aunt Jessica asked.  "I love it!  We watch movies, and do girl stuff.  It's fun." I told her while I tried to do eyeshadow.  I chose to do pink and purple.

"Yeah, she isn't my biological niece, which explains why she is the best looking kid in the whole family!" Aunt Jess chuckled.  "You and Kate are pretty." I tell her as I put the blush on the sides of her face.

"I'm trusting you on the eyeliner to not like my eye." Aunt Jessica said as she handed me the skinny black tube.  I opened it and swiped it across the tops of her eyelids.

"Okay...I think I'm done." I told Aunt Jess as I finished putting on her lipstick which was bright red.  "How do you think you did, before I look at it?" She asked.  I shrugged my shoulders and laughed.  "You don't wanna know!"

She lifted the mirror to her face and forced a smile.  "You did...you sure did...something!" She said laughing and I started laughing too.  "But, for being eight, I don't think you did half bad Mads.  What do you guys think on Maddie's makeup skills?  Let us know in the comments section."  Aunt Jessica said. 

"I think that is gonna do it so thank you all so much for watching, give Maddie some praise for her skills!  I'll see you guys later!" Aunt Jessi said and she put her hand over the camera.

"Good job Maddie, you did awesome in front of the camera, the makeup I'm not sure I could say the same for, but it looks good for you knowing like nothing!  You still did good." Aunt Jessica said.  I told her thanks and we started to clean the makeup off her face and put the video stuff away.

After that we ordered pizza for dinner and then started watching the movie Sky High, which was really good.  I was tired, so I asked after the movie if I could go to bed. Aunt Jessi said that was a good idea, and that after I showered, we could both crash since I had talked to Kate after dinner.

I took a quick shower and then got in my pajamas.  Aunt Jessica braided my hair in two fishtail braids and then we laid down in her bed.  We were sharing a bed since she lives alone.  She turned on the T.V. to the music channel and I started to fall asleep listening to Taylor Swift.

"Goodnight Maddie.  I love you."

"Night Aunt Jessi.  Love you too."

***
Hey guys!  We're climbing the rankings!  I think it's like 570 in General Fiction!  Woohoo!  Way to go guys!

So something big is gonna happen in like five chapters!  Can you guys guess what is?

Also comment anything you would like to see happen with either Maddie or Kate.  Remember, school is about to start in the book.  Maddie is going into third grade and Kate is a criminology teacher after being a retired FBI agent.

Love you all!