Chapter 21

Maddie's POV

I thought the longest day of my life was when I waited for Kate to come and adopt me, however today is a really close second! We all had to be at the dance studio at ten in the morning and are here until five at night! But I guess it kinda makes sense since we have our competition in two weeks. I mean yeah, it isn't in season, so this competition can't count against you or for you in the actual competition season. Which makes it a little easier on me if I screw up this solo! Hopefully I don't!

I was waiting for my solo turn to go into the studio with Miss Cambrie. Each soloist gets an hour and thirty minutes, and I am the last one to go in. I just at lunch when the second soloist went in, and now I was patiently waiting for the clock to hit the big one and it be my turn to go in.

"You excited for your solo?" Alexis asked me. Alexis is really nice and is really pretty. She has long blonde-red hair and bright blue eyes. "Yeah, I just hope I don't forget." I told her. "You'll do great. Your first solo at the studio is always your most memorable." She said with a smile. And no sooner, I was called in for my solo.

Bella came out as I went in and she just smiled at me and said, "good luck".  Hopefully that was meant to be positive and not two faced.  I'm not really sure what that means, but it was an expression Dana always used about the people at her school.

I entered the studio and went over to Cambrie.  "Hey cutie, ready to learn your solo?" She asked and I nodded.  "Alright so your solo is called 'I See The Light' and is inspired from the Disney movie Tangled." She starts telling me.  I get really excited because I love that movie.  I never really liked princess movies, but I loved that one.

"We're gonna split your time with technique and actually learning your solo.  I just want to see if you can do the moves I choreograph into your dance." She said.  I nodded and then her assistant came in.  I didn't know her, so I kinda tensed a little.  "Maddie this is my other Maddie, Madilyn.  She is a past student of mine and now she helps me at the studio.  Expect to see her a lot!" Cambrie joked. "So Maddie is going to be working with you on technique and moves, and in forty five minutes I'll come back and start putting your dance together." Cambrie sId and then she left the studio.

Madilyn started by just having me do all my splits, and I had all three of them so that was easy. Then she wanted to see if I could do a split while jumping in the air, and I could with all three splits. Then she asked if I could kick and bring my leg up to my head. I could bring it up all he way if I held it the whole time, but my kick was a little low.

We did all the 'basics and standard moves' that Maddie wanted me to have, and I had like all of them except for maybe three out of twenty. Cambrie came back in when it was time to start putting together my solo and we started right away. "Cam, she is one fast learner and is crazy flexible!" Other Maddie said as she left the studio adjusting her ponytail. "Alright, let's get to work!" Cambrie said as we started my solo.

We started doing my dance right away and it was stuff I could do really easy.  Some of the leg lifts were a little hard because it was really slow.  But Cambrie told me to just engage my core, whatever that means.  I didn't have any big turn things or stuff like that.  But the hard thing was that soon I would be doing a back handspring.  I can do a cartwheel, which is hat leads into my back handspring, but that's gonna need some work. 

Soon my time was up and we had our hour break for dinner before we start working on the group dance.  That time is for dinner but we can go into the trampoline and gymnastics room if we want to.  "Kate, can I go too?" I asked when Alexis and Peyton invited me to go with them.  "Twenty minutes, but then your coming back for dinner." She told me.  I nodded and then took off with them.

We started doing trick on the trampolines, mine weren't nearly as cool as what they did though.  Alexis said that her speciality dance style was acro and it was obvious!  She could twist herself like a pretzel!  Peyton said that she was best at doing really fast and jazzy stuff.  I wasn't sure what I was good at yet.

We ended up just turning cartwheels down the gym mats and laughing till our stomachs hurt.  "So how's your solo going Maddie?" Peyton asked as we headed back to go eat dinner.  "Good, I really like it so far." I told them.  "I saw you from the balcony dancing, you are like super good!" Alexis said.  "And you've never danced in a studio?  That's like so cool!" Peyton said as we went back to everyone else.  They went to their moms and I went to Kate.

"Got you some Subway." Kate said as she handed me the bag.  I thanked her and then started eating and after a whole day of dance and more to come, I ate everything!  Kate started to fix my braid since it got kinda messy, and asked "So do you like it here?  Too much work or do you like all of is?" I instantly responded with "I love it!  Everyone is so nice!  And Miss Cambrie's assistant's name is Maddie too!  And my solo is so pretty and I can't wait for you to see on stage!" I gushed.

"Well that is awesome!  I'm so happy you love it here!" Kate said as she hugged me,  "Girls!  Group in ten!" Miss Cambrie called from the door.  I quickly finished eating and then followed everybody back into the studio to work on the group dance.  But not until after I grabbed my different shoes from my dance bag and hugging Kate.  "I'll be here when you get out." She said as she returned the hug.  I went into the studio and re prepared myself for more dance.