Chapter 42

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

Zac's face paled once again. "Huh?"

Brett clicked his tongue. "You flew me out to this town in the middle of nowhere from Russia. I was promised some sort of payment. You do not get to just say 'Deal's off', deal is not off."

His accent was strong, but it was clear to understand what he was saying.

"Just pay him Zac, it's the only way he'll leave you alone." I replied, shaking my head. I was tired of this and just wanted to go back into the real world and out of Zac's basement. It felt like we'd been down here for hours, which we may have been. I still was unsure how long I was knocked out for.

Zac sighed and reached into his pocket, "Fine, here." He handed Brett the money. "Now let's get out of here."

We began walking away but stopped when we heard Brett nearly growl.

He clenched his fists and threw the money on the ground. "This is twenty dollars."

Zac nodded, "That's how much we agreed on, remember? I said twenty and you said that worked."

Brett glared, "Twenty grand. Not twenty dollars."

Zac shrugged, "That's a miscommunication on your part there, bud. I'm a teenage boy, how much money do you think I have?"

I rolled my eyes and slowly began inching closer to the stairs. "Do you really have to insult him, dumbass? He's already angry enough."

Zac rapidly shook his head. "I'd never insult you, sir..guy..man. I'm sorry if I did. I can give you another twenty bucks for your efforts?"

Brett shook his head, "I don't want your money."

"Then what do you want?" Zac asked as he began backing up away from Brett.

Brett pointed to me. "Give me Veronika and I'll leave you alone."

My eyes grew wide and I stopped moving.

Zac let out a nervous laugh. "Ronnie? What do you want with her? I mean, you already tried hurting her once."

"None of your business. Give me Veronika and I'll let you go."

What did Brett possibly want with me? I never pressed charges for him trying to hurt me, I just ran. Though, now that I think about it I wish I did press charges because maybe then he'd be locked up, where he belonged.

Zac held his hands out, "Wait, this is my house. I can't be a hostage in my own house."

Brett cracked his knuckles and it was enough for Zac to push me towards Brett. "Take her, she's yours!"

His push threw me so off guard that I wasn't able to defend myself and easily landed into Brett's arms.

That little freaking weasel betrayed me once again. I wanted to be surprised, but I wasn't. Zac Rowley was an awful person and I knew it.

Brett grabbed onto one of my arms and harshly began pulling me up the stairs.

The last thing I saw was Zac shooting me a wink.

What the hell did that mean?

_______________________________________

this is short once again but i'm just tryna build up the moments here

as always, thank you to everyone who reads/votes/comments !! you guys are the best !!!

Questions

1. What do you think Brett wants with Ronnie?

2. Any opinions on Zac and his actions?

3. Are you excited this story is almost over? :O Some of you guys have been reading it since it began in january 2016 which is crazy to me ! I'm going to get the next story out following Celia's life much much muchhhh quicker than this one (i already have a ton of chapters ready to go for it if you're sticking around to read it ! )