Chapter 29

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

"I love you, Rons." Harry uttered in a soft, husky voice as he stared at me, inches away from my face.

I nervously laughed and glanced away from his gorgeous eyes. Had I kept looking at them, who knows what I would have done.

"Look at me, Ronnie." He spoke, grabbing my hand.

I pulled it away and gently shook my head. "I can't."

"Why?"

My voice struggled to come out as I continued to avoid his eyes.

He sighed, "Look, I just needed you to know how I feel one more time. I get it if you don't like me like that...just please say something."

"You're right." I began. "I don't like you like that."

I heard his hands fall to his side. "Right...okay..well, thanks for letting me know. I promise I'll leave you alone from now on."

He began walking away, so I finally snapped my head up and reached for his hand. "Wait!"

His hand was cold against mine, but I didn't pull away this time. Instead, I used it to pull him closer.

"I don't like you -"

A groan escaped his lips. "Alright, I get it Rons."

I felt myself begin to laugh.

"I'm glad this is amusing to you." He stated in a defeated tone.

I tried to recompose myself. "I'm sorry. Just let me finish, okay? I don't like you....I..I love you too, dufus."

His green eyes automatically lit up with excitement and before he could even say anything, I felt myself crashing my lips onto his.

It felt different than our "first" kiss from the movie theater that one time. That time we weren't really ready for it, but this time both of our feelings were stronger than ever for each other. My hands tangled in his messy hair while he pulled me closer and kissed me like it was the last kiss of his life.

When it finally came time that I needed air, part of me was disappointed. I regretfully pulled away and felt myself gasping for air. Once my eyes caught Harry's, we both began chuckling as we were all red in the face.

"Are you alright?" he asked with a large smile after we calmed down a bit.

I nodded, "I'm okay. Are you?"

....

"Yeah, I'm fine Ronnie." A voice stated followed by a confused laugh. "You're the sick one here. How out of it are you right now?"

My eyes flew open and I noticed I was in my bed, covered with blankets and surrounded by boxes of tissues as Harry was opening the contents inside of a bag that was placed on my dresser.

My eyebrows furrowed together. "What....when...when did you get here?" I asked, not knowing what was going on.

He chuckled, "Literally like two minutes ago. I brought you some soup and was going to leave because it looked like you were sleeping but then you shouted 'Wait!' so I stayed."

Pure panic rose across my face as I realized I had only had a dream about Harry, and that it wasn't real. Normally that thought would just freak me out a little, but...I had said 'Wait' in my dream...and I said it out loud to the real Harry too apparently...so did that mean I was sleep talking? ... Did he hear me say that I loved him? Even though that totally was not true.

I nervously laughed. "Did I happen to say anything else to you?"

He shook his head. "Nope."

What a relief. I felt the pressure in my chest die down as he placed the bowl of soup in front of me.