Chapter 30

A i d e n ' s       P o i n t       o f       V i e w

I had been avoiding Ronnie as much as I could lately.

After the kiss with Ben I knew things between V and me should have ended, but I was really struggling with my identity and was just really confused. I genuinely did like Ronnie. But then I genuinely began liking Ben too...

My relationship with Ronnie was complicated because originally I didn't even want to go out with her. She was a cool and beautiful girl, but I had just moved to Michigan and wasn't really looking for anything serious. I just wanted some friends.

Unfortunately for me, I think I made the wrong ones and now I'm in this huge mess. But that's another story.

The point for now was that I needed to make things right with Ronnie. And with everyone for that matter. But right now, I was just focused on Ronnie.

I had no idea how to confront her about the whole Ben situation, but then over the weekend when the team realized Ronnie's been playing on the ice as Ben, I realized I already had. I told her that Ben and I kissed, thinking she was Ben. And we haven't talked since.

It was such an awkward situation, I didn't know how or what to do to make it better. A lot of people would be happy if I stuck with Ronnie, that is, if she even let me, but I think I would be happier if I tried pursuing my strange interest in Ben.

But after all of the progress I've made so far and how hard I've worked all year, I didn't know if it was worth it to just give it all up. I did like where I was, which surprised me because when I had moved I'd thought I'd hate it here..but I wasn't so sure if I would like next year better pla-

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock at the door.

I quickly composed myself and then went to see who it was. To my surprise, it was Ronnie.

My eyes grew wide and I quickly hid some of the clutter in my house to make it seem more presentable out of a nervous habit.

"I..uh..hi." I stuttered out, finally opening the door.

She lightly smiled and tilted her head. "Hi. Can I come in?"

"Yeah, right, sure.." I stated, stepping aside. "Come on in."

_________________________________________________

"So can I get you anything?" I asked nervously after a few minutes of sitting in silence.

A soft smile appeared on her lips. "No thanks, I'm alright."

I nodded, not really knowing what to say next.

"Are you alright, though?" She stated a few seconds later. "Well, I mean, are we alright? Are we still friends?"

My head jerked up. "You still want to be my friend?"

She gave a small chuckle. "Yeah, I still think you're a good person."

"But..." I began.

"But nothing. You're a good person. I'm not going to hate you because you're figuring out who you are. Sure, it kind of sucks that you lied to me about kissing Ben, but I can understand why you did."

She..she could understand? She didn't hate me? She.....was wrong.

"I'm not a good person, Ronnie." I finally answered back.

Her eyes looked sympathetic. "I'm not mad you cheated. I mean, we were barely even dating anymore anyway."

I held a hand up. "It's not that. Well, it is that...but there's more. There's things you don't know about me, V. Things you would hate me for if you knew but I just can't bring myself to actually say."

She was quiet.

The silence made me grow even more uncomfortable than I already was but I deserved it. I deserved her to hate me.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" She finally asked, looking deep into my eyes.

I quickly looked away and shrugged. "Maybe."

That was the truth at least.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

Why was she so freaking nice all of the time? Why couldn't she just yell at me for being the cryptic asshole I was?

"No... I don't know. I have to deal with it on my own first. When the time's right I'll tell you everything, I can promise you that."

She slowly nodded. "Alright, I believe you."

She shouldn't have.

_________________________________________________________

i am SO sorry this is so short and up a month later. i accidentally dropped water all over my computer a few weeks ago but it's good now. sadly the writing kind of sucks bc i haven't done it in so long, but it should get better bc i plan to update again soon and the next few chapters are fun

this chapter was probably so confusing but it kind of was supposed to be bc aiden's hiding something and i can't tell you what that is yet !!

Questions

1. Do you have any ideas as to what Aiden's hiding?

2. Should Ronnie have forgiven Aiden so easily?

3. How do you think Harry will react to Ronnie and Aiden still being friends?