Chapter 35

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

"I think the lights should go here, what do you think?" I asked Harry and his Gran as I stood up on a ladder, pointing to an area on the top of the wall in the cafe near some paintings I had just hung up. The weekend vacation at the cabin was fun, but now we were back home and I was following up on my promise to Gran I made a while ago to decorate her cafe.

His Gran smiled, "I feel like I'm on one of those home decorating shows. I'm going to give you total control, Ronnie, dear. Call me when you're all done, I'll be in the back here making bread."

I laughed and nodded, "Alright, save me a piece!"

She put her hands on her hips. "Do you even know me? I'm saving you an entire loaf. A warm one too."

With that she disappeared into the kitchen and I looked down at Harry. "I seriously love your Gran."

He chuckled, "She loves you too. She keeps telling me I need to invite you up to visit our family in Italy."

"Italy, huh?" I questioned as I pinned a section of the lights to the wall.

"Yeah, my Gran's from there. We visit every now and then." He responded while handing me a another thumb tack.

I smiled, "We should visit together one day, it sounds like fun."

He was about to respond when the door chimed open. I didn't look to see who it was because I assumed it was just another customer, but when I heard Harry grunt I knew it had to be someone we didn't like. And the only person we truly disliked was Zac Rowley.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked, crossing his arms and taking a step closer to him.

Zac grinned when he saw us. "I came to get some coffee."

"Why here?" Harry questioned in an annoyed tone, not making an effort to move to the counter to make Zac a coffee. The cafe was pretty dead now since it almost closing time on a Sunday evening.

Zac shrugged. "Thought you guys could use the business since it's as empty as my soul in here."

"What soul?" Harry asked, still making no effort to move. "There's gotta be something you want with us. What is it?"

Zac chuckled. "Nothing, I just love getting you all riled up. It's the Rowley way."

I rolled my eyes and turned to Harry before he could get angry. "Just make him his coffee so he can leave."

Harry looked at me for a few seconds before sighing. "Fine."

"Keep the change." Zac stated a few minutes later after giving Harry money for the cup of coffee.

Harry looked like he'd rather throw the change at Zac's face, but after clenching his fist and dropping the change in the tip jar he was fine.

"So, decorating, are we Veronika?" Zac asked, taking a sip of coffee and sitting down in one of the seats at a table near me.

I tacked another section of lights to the wall and ignored him.

"That looks nice. You should consider a career in interior design." He commented.

Harry groaned. "Seriously, what do you want?"

Zac smirked, probably enjoying getting under Harry's skin. "Maybe a refill in a few minutes."

"We close in a few minutes. I'm not brewing a fresh cup of coffee for you." Harry commented, crossing his arms.

"Harold!" His Gran spoke, coming out from the kitchen. "That's no way to speak to a customer."

Zac let a laugh escape. "Harold?"

"You, shut up." Harry stated, glaring at Zac before turning to his Gran. "And Gran, this is Zac. You know, the roach I always tell you about."

Gran turned to Zac. "Look, we're closing early today so it's probably best if you just leave now. Thanks for coming."

Zac stood up with his coffee, but didn't respond to Gran's comment. Instead, he just began singing, "Hark the Herald angel sings." 

Harry clenched his fists once again and was about to comment but luckily I caught him off guard by sneezing a dramatic sneeze that caused everyone to look at me.

"Aw, that was a cute sneeze. I'd bless you, but it looks like god already has." Zac stated, which made me roll my eyes.

"Just leave already." I responded, shaking my head.

He threw his hands up in defense. "Alright, alright. I'm going, sheesh. See you in a few weeks for our rematch."

And with that he was gone.

______________________________________

ahhh this is so short i'm sorry this was more of like a filler/necessary part i had to write to move the story along !

i counted tho and there's going to be 8 more chapters left !!

above is a video of the cast for the story following celia's life !! hope u guys stick around for that !!! it's going to have lots of dramaaaa

Questions

1. Notice any random details from this chapter? I can promise u two things mentioned here will come up again 

2. Do you like Zac?

--- (next questions regard celia's story)

3. I'm rlly stuck on a story title for the story following celia's life lol so do u have any suggestions?? i was thinking maybe "Ready or Not" but idk !

4. Are there any plots ur sick of seeing in stories or any plots you'd like to see more of in stories?