Chapter 14

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

"I mean, that's crazy, right? Me joining the hockey team?" I stated to my friends as we sat in the cafeteria for lunch the following Monday. I didn't tell them anything about me being a famous Russian figure skater, I just mentioned how Harry found out I was pretty decent on the ice.

Harry and Luke were sitting with some hockey members today, so it was just Celia, Ben, Aiden, and me.

"Totally crazy. But there are some hot guys on the team." Ben answered with a wink. "That might make it fun for you."

I rolled my eyes and playfully hit him.

Celia shook her head, her red hair bouncing off her shoulders. "I think it would be bad. Hockey is rough, especially when it's guys hockey. Those guys are like double if not triple your weight, you'd get hurt so easily."

Aiden shrugged, "That's true, but Ronnie's a tough girl, I think she can handle herself. I say do what makes you happy, V."

I smiled. He gave the best advice.

"Personally, what would make me happy is a date with you this Wednesday." he continued nonchalantly with a smirk.

"Look at you being all sly." I said with a laugh.

He grinned and jokingly popped his collar. "I try. So you in?"

I looked across the cafeteria to Harry who was laughing with his friends.

"I'll let you know." I replied with a smirk.

I didn't want to say no, but I didn't want to say yes either. Not yet. I had something I needed to do first.

_________________________________________

It was last period, my free period, and I had been working on some homework when someone came over, sliding into the chair next to mine.

"So, is it a yes or a no?"

I looked up to see Harry staring at me.

I rolled my eyes. "I haven't changed my mind, it's still a no."

He rolled his eyes back. "I've heard you were asking for advice on if you should play or not. I think you should."

"And why's that? Because I know how to skate?"

"No. Because you're good."

I chuckled. "But you've only seen me skate. How do you know if I'm any good at handling a hockey stick at the same time? Or if I can shoot a puck well? Or even pass a puck?"

He shrugged, "I can teach you how to do all that."

"No thanks." I answered.

He groaned, "Fine, waste your talent then. What do I care?"

His feet startling shuffling away but I called him back.

"What? Are you going to join?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes, "We just went over this, no. I do have a question for you, though."

He sighed, "What?"

I bit my lip, "I was just wondering how you felt about something.."

He stared at me impatiently. "How I feel about what?"

"Aiden asked me out again." I blurted out.

Harry stood there, no expression present. "Okay, and? What do I care?"

"You..don't care?" I asked, sounding a bit hurt.

He let out a snort. "Did you expect me to? Of course I don't care. Do whatever you want, it's not my business."

"Oh." I stated with a slight nod. "Okay then..so I'll say yes then."

His head perked up slightly. "You haven't said yes yet?"

I shook my head.

He looked at me, "Well why not?"

I looked away. "I don't know..I just needed to clear something else up first. But it's been cleared so..I'm going to say yes."

"What did you need cleared up?" He further questioned, his tone becoming more demanding.

I shrugged and gathered my things, "None of your business, remember?"

As I was walking away, I heard him shout. "I have a date too you know!"

I rolled my eyes, "That's great."

He shouted back as I walked farther and farther away. "Yeah, it is!"

After packing up my bag at my locker, the last period bell rang and school was finally out. I made my way towards Aiden's locker and smiled when I saw him neatly arranging his books.

Wanting to tease him, I pulled out my phone and sent him a meme of Simon Cowell saying, 'It's a no from me.'

He opened his text a few seconds later and looked down with disappointment.

Giggling, I came up from behind him. "I'm just kidding. I'd love to go out with you again."

The disappointment on his face turned to shock, and then to happiness, then he rolled his eyes. "You're a cruel girl, Veronika Ramirez."

I grinned at his comment, "Pick me up at 5 on Thursday."

____________________________________________

sorry this was so short, i just thought it was a good stopping point

thank you for all the votes/comments! i appreciate them a ton!!!

questions

1. What's your opinion on Aiden?

2. Why did Harry act like he didn't care about Ronnie going on a date when it was obvious he did care?

3. What's your favorite meme?

 What's your favorite meme?