Chapter 8

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

I decided that I hated high school parties. Ben kept saying I was no fun for thinking that, but it was true. Drinking, fighting, and people making lots of decisions they were going to regret the next morning just didn't seem all that appealing to me.

For instance, Harry, who had done all of the above, was now passed out on Luke's floor with a major hangover and a black eye, among some other minor injuries. Did that look like fun? No way. And it's all because of the stupid party.

I was nearly done brushing my teeth the following morning when I heard a knock at the door. "Who is it?" I asked in a weird tone since I had a toothbrush in my mouth and couldn't exactly speak coherently.

"It's Harry..can I come in?" he stated in a low voice.

I finished brushing my teeth quickly and after wiping my mouth with a towel, I opened the door. "I'm shocked you didn't just barge in like last time." I replied while crossing my arms. "Bathroom's all yours." I stated while trying to leave, not wanting to wait for a response.

He shook his head. "Wait."

I stopped in my tracks but didn't say anything, forcing him to continue.

"I'm sorry."

What?  My eyebrows rose and I turned to look at him. "For?"

A soft sigh escaped his lips as he rubbed his head. "Everything. I..I did some things I regret last night..sorry if any of them hurt you. I know I became kind of cold and distant towards you, which I feel bad about now."

I nodded, "It's fine."

He bit his lip and nodded back. An awkward silence arose and I took that as my cue to go.

As my feet began shuffling away, he spoke again.

"Thanks for saving my ass by the way. I saw the video of you hitting the living daylights out of Zac on twitter. Gotta say, I didn't know you had that in you." he said, a small smile appearing on his face.

I shrugged, a small smile appearing on my face too. "I didn't either. I just took my best shot and apparently it was a good one."

He chuckled, "A really good one. Why'd you do it anyway?"

I bit my lip. "I may have been mad at you, but I wasn't going to let him give you two black eyes - that would just be cruel."

Harry shook his head. "What's more cruel is what happened to Kevin. He ended up breaking his hand trying to fight back and now he's out for most of the hockey season, which means we're down a player. And a good one too. Kevin was one of the only decent players we had. I don't know what we're going to do."

"Keep looking, I'm sure you'll find someone."

He nodded, "I hope so. Don't forget, I'm taking you out on the ice at some point, I promised I'd teach you to skate when your foot got better."

I laughed, "Yeah, not happening Styles."

"Why not? Maybe you'll be a pretty decent skater and I can have you take Kevin's spot." he stated in a joking tone.

"Very funny." I replied, playfully rolling my eyes.

He smirked, "I am funny. I'm hilarious."

"Hilariously ugly."

He chuckled, "Your comebacks are so weak."

"At least my punches aren't. Unlike someone's I know." I stated with a smirk, referring to him.

He went silent which caused me to giggle as I began walking away. "I win." I stated before turning back to him one last time with a playful wink.

I then walked into my room, where my furniture now was because it had arrived yesterday. Sleeping on my own mattress for a change was a nice feeling and made me feel like I was finally settling into this place. I may have decided I hated parties, but this small town and the people within it were beginning to grow on me.

______________________________________________

so this was short and ronnie's become a savage, but it was just a tiny filler. next few chapters are much longer and cuter, i promise

i think i'm going to start regularly updating with a schedule. every saturday i'll update, as well as updating every other tuesday. so for example here's when the next few updates will be: the 27th, the 30th, the 3rd, the 10th, the 6th, the 10th, and the 17th

thank you so much to everyone still reading this story, you're comments made me so happy! you have no idea how much i appreciate you all!

questions

1. How do you think Harry's going to get Ronnie to get on the ice? (bc we all know it's going to happen eventually)

2. Do you like the relationship between Harry and Ronnie? It's a little bipolar at times but i think it works for them since they're such opposites