Chapter 3

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

Harry rolled his eyes at Luke's behavior and stuck his spoon back into his ice cream. ''Relax, it's just Zac.''

Luke laughed, ''Just Zac? Maybe last year he was just Zac, but look at him -- he's ripped now.''

I turned to see who they were talking about and noticed a tall, blonde haired boy with extremely built arms looking around. He was gorgeous, but I could tell he was someone who liked to cause trouble.

Shrugging my thoughts away, I turned back around and focused on my delicious ice cream. I was actually have a pretty good time for the first time in a while, that is, until the blonde boy decided to walk over.

''Look who it is: Styles and Hemmings. What are you doing here?'' he asked in a friendly tone, holding a milkshake in his hand.

Luke threw his hand in the air. ''Why does everyone keep asking that? Clearly we're getting ice cream -- just like you..''

The boy, who I remembered Harry saying was named Zac, let out a dry laugh. ''Save your anger for the ice. Isn't your first game in a week or so? You're going to suck now that Brody and Higgins are gone. I think you two may just be the only decent players left.''

Ice? I mentally thought to myself. Then I remembered the pictures of Luke in a hockey uniform that were plastered all over the house and figured it out. Him and Harry played hockey together. I'm sure Luke told me that before during the two times we previously met, but I never really listened to him back then because I was pretty self-centered and mainly only focused on my skating.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a hand being gestured towards me. ''Who's this?'' Zac asked, his eyes scanning over me as he licked his lips.

Ugh. As much as I was disgusted that he was eyeing me like a piece of meat, part of me was flattered because he himself was very attractive.

''None of your business.'' Harry replied coolly before I even got the chance to respond.

Zac raised an eyebrow. ''Did you finally get yourself a girlfriend, Styles?''

I let out a laugh at the thought of me being Harry's girlfriend. ''No way. I'm Veronika, I just moved in with Luke.''

Both Harry and Luke shot me a glare, not liking how I was talking so casually to Zac. Meanwhile, Zac smirked. ''Of course. There's no way Styles could score someone as gorgeous as you.''

I couldn't help the blush that crept its way onto my cheeks. However, I could control my mind -- and it was flashing warning signs like crazy. I knew the type of guy this  gorgeous boy was. He was a player who thought he was a real big hot shot. Clearly Luke and Harry had something against him, and he had something against them in response. I didn't want to get between them, so I just shot him a small smile. ''It was nice to meet you.'' I stated, hoping to end the conversation while being polite.