Chapter 11

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

Dates. I'd never really been on a proper one. I kept assuring Celia that tonight was not a date, but she was positive it was.

"Please let me make you look cute for this date!" She pleaded, giving me a puppy dog face.

I rolled my eyes. "No, I like what I'm wearing. And it is not a date!"

Now she rolled her eyes. "Fine. You can get away with that outfit because you pretty much make anything look good, but at least let me fix your hair?"

I laughed, "I know how to do my hair, thank you. I'm actually pretty good at hair, want me to do yours?"

She smiled, "Because you want me to look good on this double date too?"

I narrowed my eyes, "Are you forgetting the fact that Harry and Ben are coming too? It's not a double date, Cels. But by all means, go make some moves on Luke. That boy is too shy around you to try anything."

She blushed, "No..I couldn't."

"Why not?" I asked as I began braiding her hair neatly.

"Because...I don't know, it'd be weird with so many other people there." she stated with a shrug. "Let's not talk about it. Let's talk about you and Aiden."

I groaned, "What about us?"

"That boy likes you."

"Luke likes you."

"Stop trying to change the subject."

I laughed, "Oh, you mean like how you keep doing?"

She smiled, "Exactly. Now give me some updates. You said you wanted 'me time' but why can't you have a man in your life too at the same time?"

I rolled my eyes. "Because me time and man time wouldn't work at the same time."

She blinked. "What?"

"Exactly! It's too confusing to do both, so if I have to choose one then I choose me!"

"But Aiden is so cute!"

I finished her braid and clasped my hands. "Then why don't you date him!"

Before she could answer, I ran off into the bathroom and slammed the door so that she couldn't bother me while I did my hair. She was a great friend, she really was, but she got so boy crazy sometimes.

Once I finished a french braid on my brown hair, I exited the bathroom and saw Celia sitting on my bed, slumped forward.

"I'm sorry. I just really think you should give Aiden a chance. What if you need him to find yourself? You've had a couple of weeks of 'me time' and nothings changed, maybe you need someone else to help bring out the real you." she said in a modest tone.

I nodded, "Okay, I'll give this date a chance."

She perked up right as soon as the words left my mouth, "Yay! You think it's a date which means it's okay for me to think it's a date! I'm going on a date with Luke Hemmings!"

"And Ben and Harry!" I cooed.

She stopped smiling and shrugged. "It can be a triple date."

I chuckled. "I didn't know Ben liked Harry like that."

She laughed, "Please, Ben loves Harry. He knows he's off the market though. You know, it's funny...he actually thinks Harry likes you."

I had been drinking water when she said this, which really was a bad move because I ended up choking on it. Celia ran to me and tapped me on the back a couple of times to try and get me to stop coughing, which eventually I did.