Chapter 7

V e r o n i k a ' s     P o i n t     o f     V i e w

I watched Aiden dance along with a bunch of drunken fools, two of them including Celia and Ben. The party had started almost two hours ago and it was ridiculous how crazy it had gotten. I did run into Harry again about an hour through, but he just told me to eff off and stay with Aiden, so I did. I didn't know what his problem was, but I wasn't going to let him ruin my night. Other than the fact that nearly everyone was drunk, I was having a good time.

Aiden chuckled and came over besides me. ''You should come dance with everyone.'' He hadn't had any alcohol either, but he could have fooled me. He was just as energetic and happy as everyone else who had consumed some.

I smiled and shook my head, ''I think I've had enough dancing for one night. As cute as these shoes are, they hurt like hell. I can hardly move anymore without wincing.''

He grinned, ''Is that why you've been standing alone here in this corner the past few minutes?''

I shrugged. ''Maybe. It may also have to do with the fact that this corner has the greatest angle for me to film you dancing.''

A smirk appeared on his lips, ''You caught my suave dance moves on camera?''

''Suave?'' I asked with a giggle. ''I'm not so sure that's the word I would use to describe it.''

He chuckled and moved closer, ''Hey, my dance moves are amazing.''

I tilted my head, which was fairly close to his. ''On what planet?''

A grin appeared on his face as his sparkling brown eyes looked into mine. It seemed like he was about to say something, but then his eyes averted from me to the staircase where a loud noise was heard.

He watched in amazement for a moment before stating, ''Oh my gosh, they're so trashed they can't even make it back down the stairs.''

I turned so that I could get the live entertainment from the reckless teens too, but when I saw who it was on the staircase and what they were doing, I tensed up.

A girl that looked pretty similar to me, except for the fact that half her clothes were off, was lying down on a step of the staircase, giggling as Harry bit her ear. How gross.

Everyone in the living room area had stopped what they were doing to see what was going on because of how loud the two were being, but the party resumed moments later when Luke ran over and told them the show was over.

He then turned to Harry and whacked him on the back of the head. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but Luke looked annoyed and Harry looked mad that he interrupted him and the girl.

They were so caught up in their arguing they didn't even notice the front door click open to reveal the one and only Zac Rowly. I noticed it though, and I could already tell there was going to be trouble.

The party people mostly ignored Zac as he made his way through the crowd, but some stopped what they were doing and watched, including Aiden.