Chapter 41: broke my heart

Yawning, I sat up in bed, and glanced around my room to see everyone sprawled out. Arielys Kelsey, and I all took the bed and had the boys put blankets down to use for their beds. I got out of bed as quietly as possible, and checked the time, eight in the morning. We didn't go to sleep until like three in the morning, so I'm shocked that I'm up.

        But today's the day I get to surprise Joseph. It's no wonder why I'm wide awake right now. I go to my closet and pull out a pair of ripped jeans and a shirt that's supposed to sit on your shoulders, I don't really know how to describe it but Marshall got it for me so I might as well make use of it. I tiptoed out of the room and to the bathroom. Getting myself ready. After showering and all that, I headed out, dressed and ready for today. I couldn't help how giddy I was feeling. I can't wait to see the look on his face.

       Walking downstairs, nobody was sprawled out on the floor. I walked into the kitchen to see them all sipping on coffee as they talked quietly. I paused, but walked in anways, offering a smile. "Oh I thought it was Marshall who was up." Denise chuckled as I walked to her, giving her a hug and saying good morning. "Ready for today?" She smiled, looking me up and down.

  "I guess you could say that." I laugh, causing everyone else to smile at me.

"You are one beautiful girl." Sadie said, nudging my shoulder.

"Thank you." I grinned.

  "So did you have fun last night?" Denise asked, drawing my attention back over to her. "How was the skate park? And the weed?"

My eyes widened, and I was shocked. How did she know. Before I could say anything the few adults left here were laughing. "We know that's where they all go. They do it every year. We caught on last year when we realized they never brought anything back. Then Carlos hugged me and he stank. We aren't that dumb." Carlos' dad says.

  I don't say anything. I'm mute. Completely speechless.

"Well did you have fun?" Kelvin asks.

    I nodded my head, uncomfortable and rushed out of the kitchen and back upstairs. Everyone was up now and walking in and out of the bathroom. Two hours later, all the guests were gone, and it was just the three of us like it usually was. I plopped myself down on the couch, turning on the TV. Denise said we'll leave around one. Marshall was in the shower, and she was in her room laying down. Me, well I'm watching Spongebob.

    I was waiting for time to speed up, I needed it to speed up. It needed to be one already so we can head over there. So I can see Joseph, and the reaction on his face. So I can see Bianca, and so I can see my brother and sister. 

   By the time 12:45 came, I was standing by the door eager to go. Marshall came down the stairs and looked at me, laughing. "Didn't realize you were that excited to leave us."

"I don't wanna leave you guys, but I do want to see my family." I said, pointing at him. He nods, understanding and tells me that we can get in the car now.

  Denise came out a few minutes later, dressed in a nice dress. We left after that, driving fourty five minutes until we made it back to the similar streets that I call home. I asked Denise if we could drive by my old house where Tim lived. She said yeah, so she turned onto the street and slowed down when we arrived. I stared out the window at it, realizing the lights are all off and from where I was I could see that the trash still hasn't been emptied.

    So him and Carson still haven't made their way back, thankfully. After a few minutes we left, and went a street over parking the car two houses down from Joseph's. I got out, slowly, feeling my heart drop down to my ass. I'm excited, happy, but also nervous. Part of me hopes Grayson is there, considering we didn't end on a very good note last time we seen eachother.