Chapter 4: Parties

Everything's okay, everything's alright.

I feel like I'm constantly telling myself that. As if I'm trying to remind myself. But why? Why am I trying to do that?

I rested my head against my bedroom door as I hear him downstairs talking to one of his so called friends. I wouldn't even call the guy he's down there with a friend though. The dude was a drug addict just like him. He came over sometimes and I always locked myself away in my room.

The man was creepy, the first time I met him he tried to grab my ass. I was lucky when I saw his hand reaching over to slap my butt because I quickly grabbed ahold of his arm and bent it backwards.

My step-father, Tim.. -that was his name- he didn't care. He laughed and said "Oh let the man touch you Alexis. Maybe even take him upstairs to your room..have a little fun."

I flinched at the memory. It's why I won't go downstairs until I know he's gone. I don't want to face Tim nor that guy- Paul.

When my phone started ringing, I answered it to hear Caleb on the other line. "Where are you?" He said. I could hear the booming of music in the background.

That's when I facepalmed. Luis' party, how could I forget. My friends were all waiting for me. "I-I'm home. I can't make it." I stuttered.

"Why's that? You always flake on us when we arrange plans." I heard Caleb sigh. I felt guilty because he was right. There was only a few times where I could make it to something outside of school.

I walked over to the window in my room and opened it up, I quickly stuck my foot out the window and got myself onto the roof. Closing my window shut behind me, I put the phone back up to my ear. "I'm on my way." I said whispering just in case he heard and stopped me.

"Finally!" I heard him cheer. I smiled lightly, what a goof ball. "She's coming guys!"

"Okay I'll see you in a bit."

After hanging up I stuck my phone into my jeans pocket and started walking across the roof carefully. When I got to the edge, I stared at the ground below me. I either jump and possibly die, or jump and possibly live. Will I take that chance? Yup. I have nothing to lose anyways, well except for my friends. I can't die on my friends.

I looked around hoping that maybe there was an easier way down. A way that didn't involve my death. I wasn't ready to die as much as I did want to sometimes, just not yet.

I sighed giving up and walked across the roof back to my window. I cracked it open and went to go back in but slipped causing me to slide down the roof. I gripped onto the gutters, and dangled from it. "Fucking shit." I cursed to myself as I tried to lift myself up. "No, no, no." I said as soon as I heard a cracking noise.

I looked below me seeing the grass.

Just drop.

Drop yourself.

It's not that far down.

I closed my eyes shut and slowly let my right hand go, and then my left. I kept my eyes shut as I fell off the roof and landed on my back on the ground.

After a few seconds I opened my eyes, I lifted myself up using my palms as support. "Well...I lived." I shrugged, talking to myself again.

I stood up and dusted off my pants, pulling my phone out in the process. I gasp as I looked at the crack forming on the top corner.

My phone cracked.

My ass literally cracked my phone when I fell.

Well damn. Now another thing to get fixed sooner or later.