Chapter 26: sex and whores

Like Grayson promised, he was outside my job at seven thirty in his car blasting Post Malone. I got into the passenger seat grinning. "Good music choice."

"I knew you liked him." He shrugs. "I thought I'd just give his music a shot. He's not too bad honestly."

"Well thank you." I told him as we pulled out of the parking lot. "Hey I have a favour?"

"Ask away." He replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Do you think after we finish at Gabe's house you can bring me to my friend Caleb's house? I really need to talk to him? It's okay if you can't though, I can take the bus."

"Nah it's fine. I don't mind. I'd rather you be riding with me and I know where you are than you taking a bus and possibly getting snatched by someone you know?"

"I suppose." I responded, turning the music down a little bit so I can talk to him. I enjoyed talking to Grayson. We had a good friendship going, it was something I didn't want to lose. "So how do you think I should say it."

"Well Gabe has already mentioned that he needed to talk to them about something. He told his mom he'd wait til his dad got home though first. Joseph should be there by now too. Most likely showering. By the time we get there it should be all good. All you gotta do is explain everything, be completely honest and we'll see how it goes from there."

I sighed, looking down at my vans. "Gray, what if he doesn't want me? What if he doesn't even care?"

Grayson sighs next, slowing down at a red light and taking a glimpse at me. "We've gone over this. Joseph's not going to abandon you. He's not like that. Neither is Bianca. Things are going to turn out good Lexis, please trust me."

"I trust you. I just can't trust you with this because neither of us know what's going to happen when we go into that house in a few minutes."

He turns down Gabe's street and my heart literally fell to my ass. I sucked in a breath and stared at the houses as they passed until Gabe's came into view. Grayson decided against parking in the driveway and parked on the street. Once the car was off, he turned toward me, and grabbed my hand. "I'm gonna be there, right next to you, and Gabe's going to be there, right on the other side of you. You're not gonna be alone. We're on your side. If things get bad in there, which I highly doubt, just know we've got you. It's what friends are for."

"Thank you." I smiled, moving my hand out of his grip and grabbing him by the neck hugging him. He hugged back pulling me toward him. Before I knew it my body was nearly over the arm rest and I was into his seat. His head was in the crook of my neck as he tightened his arms around me.

"I've got you Lexis, just know that. Even if things in there don't work out. My house is always opened for you." Grayson mumbles quietly. "I just want you safe and away from your step dad. He's bad for you, you can't be around that anymore. I don't want you around that anymore. I know... I know what it's like."

I froze up, pulling away. "You know what it's like? What?"

"That's a conversation for another day." He waved off as if it was nothing. "Let's just get inside."

I ignored his words and decided maybe it would be a conversation for another day and got out of the car following Grayson up the driveway and to the front door. Grayson walks in not bothering to knock so I followed in after him to see Gabe sitting beside his parents and Daisy sitting on the floor playing with her toys. I waved at Daisy smiling before looking at Joseph and Bianca to see shocked looks on their faces.

"Hi Grayson, Hi Alexis." Bianca smiles at us, I smiled at her greeting her back.

"Mom, Dad, can we talk now?" Gabe spoke, standing up from the couch his parents are sitting on and coming over to stand beside Grayson and I. "We kind of have something to tell you."