Chapter 40: one in the same

I was in such a good mood when Arielys told everyone we were going to walk to the store. Everyone could see how happy I was when we walked out the door. Even as we walked down the sidewalk, I was acting like an utter idiot. Dancing, screaming, singing. You name it I was probably doing it.

      "Keenan, stop doing that!" Kelsey yells as Keenan jumps ontop of someones car. "You're gonna get us killed." She said, taking off down the street. I followed after her deciding that I don't wanna be to blame if someone's car breaks.

"Oh calm down Kels, you're such a lame. You can never have any fun." Keenan said, catching up to all of us.

"There's different ways too have fun that don't include destroying other people's property." She snickered. I can't help but agree with her on that.

  I slow my pace down, and walk beside Marshall. Arielys and Carlos were in front of us all, talking to eachother.

"So you ready to get a glimpse of my side of town again?" I asked, nudging him in the side.

"Of course." He said, looking down at me. "I hope to get a view of Lindsay again."

Rolling my eyes, I punch him in the shoulder – You're welcome Austin. "You gotta stop finding my best friend cute."

Marshall smirked, grabbing my wrist, stopping us from walking. "Do you want me to find you cute instead?" He asked. I snickered. He's so infuriating sometimes, he's lucky we're friends. I didn't reply, and continued to walk. "Sorry to say I can't do that because you're ugly."

"Oh please." I scoff, staring at him, ignoring the fact that everyone else is far ahead of us. "Look who's talking."

"Yes, exactly look who's talking. Me, I'm beautiful." Marshall says, pointing at him.

"In your dreams." I scoffed, continuing to walk again so I don't lose track of Carlos' big ole head. Also Keenan is bothering Kelsey and her yelling can be heard from a mile away.

"Nah but seriously..." Marshall said, keeping the same pace as me. "I think it'll be kinda fun tomorrow. The only time I go to that side of the city is when I go to the parties, which isn't that common."

"Yeah and mostly everyone from Westbrooke hates you." I replied, letting out a snort.

"You really believe that?" He said, laughing. "The only people who hate me is your awesome group of friends. You know Brett and I used to play baseball together for little leagues."

"Not uh..." I said, shocked. Brett hates him, wouldn't he remember Marshall if they played baseball together.

"Yeah." He answered. "Except he was the loud, energetic player and I was the quiet one who kept to myself and constantly striked out. Man, I hated playing baseball."

"So why'd you play?"

He sighed, "Well my dad signed me up for it, and since I never got to see him I decided to just play because it meant he'd take me and I got to spend time with him."

"I always wondered why your Dad wasn't around. I just never wanted to ask because it's not my business."

"You're right about it not being your business." He answers... "But my parents had me at sixteen, and they broke up when they were eighteen. He was never really apart of my life after that. Then when I was nine, he started coming around and signed me up for baseball. So I did it, then when baseball ended him and Mom got into a fight. They thought I wasn't there but I had just got dropped off from my friends house. Dad said he was done pretending to want to be apart of my life, he said he'll send child support money but he didn't want to have to have a relationship with me. So then just like that it stopped.