Chapter 25: you fell on my lap

I told Gabe to wait a few days before we opened our mouth's about our new discovery. He was reluctant but soon gave in after countless begging. I have yet to tell anyone about the new information in my life because for some reason it all seems so unreal. I knew I had to verify it before I got my hopes up.

I wanted to believe Gabriel was my brother, and Joseph was my father, and Bianca was my step mother, and that Daisy was my little sister, and at that moment at Anastasia's house, I really did. But the more I keep thinking about it the more I realize this isn't a fairytale. Things like that just don't happen.

There's thousands of people named Joseph Ramirez, how could it possibly be Gabe's dad.

Bianca. Bianca gave it away. My mind tried to convince me. I sighed, leaning against my locker. None of these thoughts have left my brain and its been days.

Grayson appeared beside me a few moments later, he was quiet for a moment. "Want to head up to the roof?"

I looked in his direction, lifting an eyebrow. "I haven't been up there in like forever." I smiled lazily and followed him toward the roof entrance.

Just like before, the two same two chairs remained in the same spot, untouched. I ran over and got into the same one I did last time I was here. Two months ago I think it was, maybe it was longer, I can't even keep track at this point.

Time has slipped by so quickly I can't keep up. If I'm not mistaken, the last time I was up here, I was having an anxiety attack.

"You know, I've grown a liking to you." Grayson mumbled. I turned toward him to see his dark eyes staring off toward the mountains

"You have?" I asked. I knew he felt something toward me because he wouldn't be there for me everyday. He wouldn't pick me up every morning and drop me off every afternoon.

He wouldn't watch me from across the cafeteria if he didn't. I noticed it many times, his eyes would stay on me and when he saw me looking he'd turn away or give me a look. I never understood what the look meant. But it didn't matter honestly.

Grayson nods, "I don't know if you remember sophomore year but the pep rally we had, I don't know what you were doing but you fell on my lap."

"It was you?" I said, a grin appearing on my face. "That was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. And then- then you pushed me down, why did you push me off?"

Grayson laughs, his head shaking, "You were sitting right on my dick. You nearly gave me blue balls."

"Blue balls? What's that?"

"Google it. I'm not gonna tell you." He stated. "But anyways, even though you almost gave me blue balls, and caused serious pain to my dick, I found you funny."

"You said you didn't like me." I said, pointing a finger at him.

Grayson grabs my finger, and holds my hand on his lap. "Let me finish." He said. I nod, staring at him. "I thought you were funny but I didn't like how you were always funny. You were never in a bad mood, it was as if the only emotion you had was good. You never experienced sadness or anything else and I envied that I guess."

"But-"

"Shut up." He groaned. "But then I met you, and I mean actually met you, I got to know you, and somewhere along the way I took a liking to you and I consider you close to me. I also know you're doubting that Joseph is your dad and I know you think it can't be true, but how will you know if you don't talk to him? Coming from me, Joseph is a good man, he's a second father to me. If he knows you're his daughter he'll take you in, give you everything you've missed out on. Don't you think you deserve atleast that?"