Chapter 21: drugs

I smirked, as I put my arm over his shoulder, "So Alec." I teased, poking his cheek. Ever since I heard his name was Alec a few days ago I haven't shut up. It's all I talk about. I can tell he was getting annoyed but I couldn't help it.

"It's Grayson." He scowled, shoving me off of him. I scrambled back from his hard shove nearly landing on the sidewalk in front of the school building.

Asshole, I muttered. He's still not good at taking jokes.

"This is why I didn't want her finding out about my first name. You ruined my life Gabe." Grayson said as he pointed a finger at Gabe, who just shrugged in response. That's how Gabe was though, nothing ever really seemed to bother him. He just had that I don't give a fucking shit attitude.

"It's no biggie." I told Grayson, holding the door to the school open for the two of them as they followed in behind me. "Alec is a nice name. Don't be so ashamed. We are like twins now."

He acted as if his name was ugly, when really it wasn't. It's cute. I liked it.

"I'm not ashamed, It's just annoying hearing you say it." He answered dryly, fishing his phone out of his pocket when it rang. "I gotta take this, I'll see you both later." Grayson mutters, answering the phone call and taking off down the hallway.

"Hmph." I mumble, watching his figure disappear. "I guess it's just us, Gabriel." I said tossing my arm around his shoulder.

The two of us started heading down the hallway toward my locker, but stopped when we saw Madison leaning in front of it, she hasn't been too school in over a week. "Oh look there's one of your friends." Gabe laughed. "You going over there?"

"Obviously." I answered him. "Come on you come with me, I'm sure one of them mentioned the whole Tim ordeal and that's what she wants to talk about."

Grabbing Gabe's hand, I dragged him with me to my locker. Upon seeing the two of us, Madison perked up and smiled as she wrapped her arms around me. I used my free hand and gave her a pat on the back. "Madison." I said, smiling lightly.

"So I heard.. Dean told me. First thing he said to me in awhile." Madison sighs, running a hand through her hair. Her eyes looked anywhere but at me. "I'm sorry you've had to go through that." Me too. "Just know things will get better. I love you." Sure. "By the way... about the whole Caleb thingy, I didn't mean for our friends to get mad at you also. It was my problem and I shouldn't have brought you into it. I was stupid."

I nodded, listening to her intently. "It's fine, I guess. I mean... I handled it so I suppose that's as good as it'll get. But um, is that all you gotta say?" I asked. I felt Gabe's elbow ram into my side, making me wince. I quickly shot daggers at his face and scowled at him. Little bitch. "I mean of course we can talk but is that all the important things?" I corrected myself.

Madison ignored the thing with Gabe, and shook her head. "No I'm all set. I actually should get to homeroom, I'll see you at lunch. Bye Lexi." She waved, and stepped away from my locker.

"Bye Mads." I waved back, and looked away when she was gone. I dropped Gabe's hand and sighed. "Why do I feel like I was mad at her? I have no reason to be mad at her? This is bullshit." I cursed as I hit my head up against my locker.

"Who knows." Gabe said, taking a sip of his Powerade. "Oh hey! Today's Wednesday, didn't Vincent say he was coming today?"

I nodded, opening up my locker. "Let's just hope and pray he found some information out. I tried getting ahold of that lady, you know the one I had you reschedule me a meeting with. She hung up on me. I don't know what her problem was but I didn't like it."