Chapter 24: ramirez

Bryant nodded letting out a sigh, "It's fine Alexis. I just- what is it you came here for exactly? What kind of answers?"

I let out a breath, and glanced at Anastasia. "I came here to know why you left me, now I know you just don't care about me. I also want to know who my biological father is. So Anastasia... who is he?"

She rolled her eyes, "How should I know?"

"Because you do. I know you do. You always told me he was just some guy, never gave me any type of information about him. Now I'm here.. I'm here right in front of you and I want to know so tell me."

I watched her closely as she stared at me, her eyes cold as ever. She didn't walk confidently like she did when we walked in. She had her arms wrapped around her body as she took slow steps back toward the rest of us. She sat down beside Bryant, and tried to put her hand on his thigh.

He didn't allow it though. He took her hand and put it back on her lap. 

She tried to act unfazed by the actions, but for some reason I could tell she was disappointed.

"If I tell you about your father, will you promise to stay far away from me? Don't ever return here." She said, her eyes practically begging me.

"No." Bryant told his wife. "If she wants to come around she can. You aren't going to get rid of her so easily Anastasia. She isn't someone you can just toss away like this."

I smiled at Bryant, he was so nice. I liked him. "Thank you." I told him sweetly.

"You're welcome Alexis." He smiled back at me. "I hope even after she tells you, you'll come around. I'd like to see more of you. I'm sure my kids will also." 

I didn't reply back after that. I don't know if I'll actually come back around any of them after all of this.

"Fine." Anastasia answers. "I met your father in high school, we weren't really friends, just people who saw eachother once in awhile. He dated this girl, I forgot her name, it was something with a B in it."

"What does this have to do with how I was born if he was with another girl?" I asked her.

She shushed me, and rolled her eyes. "I'm giving you a backstory. I met him again suprisingly at a bar, we were both drunk, we had sex, next thing I know I'm pregnant with you."

"Did he ever know he got you pregnant?" I asked her.

"No of course not, I never seen him again. I didn't even get his number."

"Was he still with that girl from high school though?" I asked another question.

"They were having a little break, he was at the bar because he said something about missing her and making a big mistake when they broke if off. He also told me the girl was pregnant at the time. But I didn't think anything of that, or about his family when we kissed, and then ended up in some dingy hotel. I regretted that night completely. I wanted to abort you because I never wanted to be the chick carrying some random guy's kid." She explained, her eyes beginning to water.

The only thing I could think of at this moment was, why the hell is she crying?

"So that's the story of my dad? It was a one night stand? My father is someone you didn't even love, someone you barely even knew...wow." I muttered.

"Well damn." Gabe mumbled, rubbing my back.

"I know his name, if that'll make it any better." She shrugs, wiping away tears.

"Well can I atleast have that? Maybe I can find him?" I suggested.

"Joseph Ramirez." She replied.