8: Closing the gap a little

Genryuusai: why didn't you tell me?

Yuko: no one would have believed me. You wouldn't have believed me. It would have seemed like something to shake the peace of soul society.

Genryuusai: .... I see. Yuko. Would you like to be the taichou of squad five ?

Yuko: no. I don't like responsibilities.

Genryuusai: yet you care a lot about soul society. You do take up the responsibility.

Yuko: and I have enough of it. I'm happy with being with who I am. I can't be this me if I were to be a taichou.

Genryuusai: this you... You seem more suitable to be in black corps than squad 5.

Yuko: yoruichi said that before too... I would have joined her if the incident didn't happen...

Genryuusai: I understand your wishes.

Yuko: although hinamori isn't qualified... She can manage the squad before there's a good taichou coming along.

Genryuusai: I see you still trust her.

Yuko: she's not a bad person. Just blinded. Influenced.

Genryuusai: um.

Yuko: I would be leaving now. Head commander.

Genryuusai: you would have made a good taichou.

Yuko: then I would change to not be me.
_______________________________

Toshiro: Yuko. What did he say?

Yuko: nothing. Ask me to be taichou... Since mine betrayed thirteen court guard squads.

Toshiro: I see.

Yuko: I rejected.

Toshiro: I see.

Yuko: I think I'll escape... Hide... Stay in the living world for a period of time.

Toshiro: why?

Yuko: I need to rest for a while... I hate people asking questions. I'll be going off then. Hitsugaya taichou.

He realised she had resumed back to ' hitsugaya taichou.' 

Toshiro: Yuko.

She stops in her steps and turns around " Hai?"

Toshiro: I want us to resume back to friends. Me calling you Yuko and you calling me toshiro.

Yuko: .... You're a taichou now.

Toshiro: I don't mind.

He wanted to close the gap between them. Even if it's just a little.

Yuko: o...ok.