Seven - Birthday Gift

Birthdays, they're the one day of the year where everyone focuses on you, celebrating yet another year closer to death. Sure, they were great when you were young, but now it's just another day of life to you. You had woken up that Friday morning, stumbling out of bed to get ready for work that day. As the shower warmed, you looked at yourself in the bathroom mirror, studying your features.

"One year older today, [Y/N]..." You sighed, before stepping into the shower, scrubbing yourself clean, before your day at work. As you stepped out, you wrapped a towel round your waist, and made your way back into the bedroom to get dressed. Your phone was sat on the bedside table, and you could see that the message light was flashing. You held the device in your hands, swiping across the screen, seeing that it was a message from Brian.

Brian: Hey, Baby. Happy Birthday to you my love! I'll be picking you up after work, and then I'll be giving you your gift. Have a great day at work, hope you eat lots of cake, Princess. I love you to the moon, Baby. See you tonight xxx

Your cheeks blushed as you scrolled through his words. He was so sweet, caring, and thoughtful, the list goes on. The truth is, you had never been happier, Brian had been the best thing to ever happen to you, and you were forever thankful for him. You placed your phone onto the bed, after having sending a reply, as you got ready to leave.

Everyone in the office greeted you with a smile, wishing you a happy birthday, before it quickly returned to any ordinary day. At lunchtime, your manager had brought in a [Favourite Flavour] cake for you, which didn't last very long at all. The afternoon passed by rather quickly, and before you knew it, Brian was texting you to say that he was outside waiting for you in his car. You grabbed all of your belongings, along with some of the gifts you had received from colleagues, and made your way downstairs to the front door. As you stepped outside, you immediately spotted Brian's bright red Jeep parked out the front. He was leant against the bonnet, his arms folded, with his aviators resting on the bridge of his nose. His Yankees hat sat backwards atop of his head. His face lit up when he saw you, as he ran up to you, clasping your body in his arms, spinning you around, before pulling you into a kiss.

"I've missed you so much, [Y/N]!" He exclaimed. He set you back down onto the ground, before proceeding to open the passenger door for you, sarcastically bowing down to you. He closed your door, before walking around to his side, and climbing in. Brian leant across to you, placing a kiss to your cheek, as he started up the car. "So, back home to mine for your present?" He asked, with his eyebrows raised.

"You didn't have to get me anything, Babe. You know I'd rather just spend time with you. But...what did you get me?" You were slightly intrigued by his actions, he was being rather seductive – even more so than usual. Brian shook his head, waggling his finger at you.

"Nice try, Sweetheart, but you'll have to wait and see." He chuckled, as his foot pressed down on the accelerator. Throughout the whole drive you pestered and pestered him to tell you, to which he'd refuse. You had no idea what he had gotten you, he wouldn't even give you a clue to try and guess what gift he had gotten for you.

He soon pulled into his driveway, parking up his Jeep, before exiting the car. He grabbed your hand, walking you to his front door, and let you into his house. You walked into the living room, taking a seat on his sofa, as he told you not to move from that spot until he was back with your present. You pondered to yourself, wracking your brains for what his present may be. Brian stepped into the room, with his hands behind his back, clearly hiding something.

"Close your eyes, [Y/N]." He stated, as you did what he had asked. You could hear the sound of him shuffling about, even contemplating to yourself whether it was his clothes being chucked to the floor. There was a moment of silence, before Brian spoke up. "Okay, you can open your eyes, Babe."