Chapter Twenty - Stand Up For Myself

The next morning, Lily received an owl from her mother. At breakfast, four owls flew over to Lily, Jayla, Oli and George. They each snatched the letters out of the air and ripped them open.

Dear Lily, Ginny had written,

Yes, your friends may stay over Easter. Hermione says Hugo is welcome. Why don't you suggest that they come straight from Hogwarts and then we take them back? Their parents can come and see us at any time. I hope you are still well and lots of love.

Mum x

P.S. Al is also having friends, Rosie, Scarlet and Nathaniel.

 After speed reading, each looked expectantly at the others.

"You can come." Lily said, and each of the others sighed with relief. "Are you all allowed?" As everyone nodded, Oli spoke up.

"Yes, but my mother would like to meet your parents." Lily nodded at Oli's words.

"So, could you all write and suggest that you come home with us off the train and then we take you back to Hogwarts? Why don't you also send my address so that your parents can owl mine and arrange a visit?" The others agreed.

***

Lily had not stopped her research. She was alone in the library late on Friday night. The only others were fifth and seventh years. Lily was reading up on reversal spells. What really perplexed her was how a spell could be placed on a building and still have an effect on the people inside. Lily was reading a passage on the relationship between the spell and the person when she heard footsteps. Looking up, she saw none other than Scorpius Malfoy and his cronies bearing down upon her. Lily went into survival mode; drawing her wand and standing up.

"Calm down baby Potter." Malfoy said, mockingly. "I won't attack you unless you ask for it. I just need to pay back your dear brother for that Quidditch match."

"So you decided to go after his 'baby' sister with-" Lily counted "four friends. Very brave, Malfoy." She finished scathingly.

"You are walking on thin ice, Potter." Malfoy said, venomously.

"At least I'm not drowning in the water, like you." Lily whispered, squaring herself up for a fight.

"That was a big mistake. A big mistake. Tread carefully." He said, stepping closer to her. Lily stood her ground.

"Like when you were born, idiot." Lily said, trying to walk out of the library. Malfoy's 'friends,' all big and stupid, closed ranks and Lily was trapped.

"Oh no you don't, Potter. You will give me answers or you will feel the pain." Lily scoffed and Malfoy's eyes narrowed. Inside, Lily's heart was about to explode out of her chest, but she put on her bravest face. "What annoys James Potter the most? What is his weakness?" Malfoy almost gabbled the words, he was so desperate for his answer.

"Why are you coming to me?" Lily asked, slightly confused.

"You're the youngest and smallest Potter. I can get to anyone who knows you, through you." Lily suddenly had an idea that could get Madam Pince's attention.

"So you just decide to bully me, a first year, Malfoy?" Lily spoke loudly, raising her voice on the key words. It worked. Malfoy looked confused, and Madam Pince stuck her head around a book shelf, as did Vic, Lily's own cousin.

"Scorpius Malfoy!" Madam Pince said shrilly, as Lily put on her best scared-of-him face. "And others!" the librarian added, and two boys froze as they tried to walk away. "Detention for bullying a first year! And ten points each from Slytherin. Twenty from Slytherin for you, Malfoy!" He looked livid as Madam Pince walked away. Lily gave him a blithe smile.