Chapter Four - The Journey To King's Cross

The day had finally arrived. Lily woke up in the den, surrounded by all her sleeping cousins. The Weasley and Potter family were staying together at Ginny's house so that they could all say goodbye together, instead of missing each other at the station.

Realising that she was the first awake, Lily crept down the stairs and into her own wardrobe, where she threw on a T-shirt and jeans from the muggle side of her wardrobe. Looking in her mirror, she brushed her hair and applied some lengthening potion. Almost immediately, she had hair down to her waist. She did normally have long hair, but nowhere near this long.

Lily walked downstairs and into the stone kitchen where her mother was chatting to Aunt Hermione and Aunt Angelina, whilst the three witches prepared a massive, magical breakfast for the ten qualified adults, and the twelve children and young adults off to Hogwarts later that day.

"Ah, Lily." Hermione said. "Nice to know someone is punctual in this family."

"Always, Auntie Hermione." Lily grinned. "What's the time?"

"It's half seven." Ginny answered. "We need everyone ready to leave at nine."

"I'll go and wake them." Lily volunteered, shrugging.

"You really want to make yourself that unpopular, Lils?" A new voice spoke from the doorway.

Louis, a fourth year, was leaning against the doorway. Lily's second year cousin Roxie appeared from behind him, pushing him out of her way.

"Stop acting all 'Mr cool guy' and move out of the way, Louis! Almost all of them are getting up already, Auntie Ginny." Louis looked sightly put out, like he didn't quite realise what had just happened. Roxie was looking at Lily's mother, who looked astonished.

"How?"

"George's new alarm clock spell!" Angelina hit herself in the head. "He put it on their room last night, it wakes them up by giving them a bad dream about lateness!"

The large kitchen erupted into laughter as Harry appeared.

"Damn!" Hermione gasped. "I remember that spell, someone from Law Enforcement asked me whether they should approve it last week!"

"What did you say?" Lily asked, laughing just like everyone else.

"Yes!" Uncle George suddenly appeared in the doorway. Everyone else laughed harder as Harry looked blankly at his wife, then at his brothers and sister's in law.

"Never mind Harry. You missed this spell, Roxie, Louis?" Ginny enquired of her niece and nephew.

"By about one minute." Louis answered ruefully.

"Me as well." Roxie said. "I just got up and I saw Al and James wake up rather suddenly!"

James appeared at that moment, dressed but with sleep in his eyes and tousled hair. Lucy was along side him, her perfectly brushed brown hair clipped back neatly, and her muggle clothes pristine.

"Speak of the devil," Ginny said.

"How was the alarm spell, James?" Lily enquired innocently.

"I'd quite like to hex Uncle George into oblivion, but I can't as I'm currently in the same house as all of you aurors!" Harry looked like he was about to tell James off, but Al appearing with his arm around a very shaken up Rosie meant that the Weasleys had better things to talk about. Al and Rosie were both third years.

"Tell Uncle George that was not funny!" Rosie stormed at Harry, in front of the silent audience. "What was it for?"

"To wake you up, of course," came George's voice. "And it worked, for here you are."

"You know what?" Harry interrupted, as Rosie looked daggers at Uncle George. "Let's eat." 

Fleur and Ron came into the kitchen together at that moment.

"Ah, zis is all very nice!" Fleur announced in her strong accent. "Shall I 'elp carry it through 'ermionee, Ginny?"

"Yes, thank you Fleur." Ginny answered. "Charm on three. One, Two, Three" As her mother finished counting, Lily watched in awe as the brunette, the blonde and the redhead swept their wands in one identical motion over the various different pots. From the right saucepan flew beans onto each of the plates. From the frying pan, eggs catapulted onto the twenty two plates. Bacon and sausages rose from the other pans, and fifty slices of buttered toast made their way around the people from the enormous pile Aunt Angelina had been busy with.

In front of Lily on the kitchen table, were now many full English breakfasts. Whilst Lily had been busy gawping at the spell, Molly and Victoire ('Vic' to her cousins) seventh years, cousins and friends, had appeared alongside Dominique 'Dom', Vic's fifth year sister.